- Test System
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz (Supplied by Intel Australia)
Motherboard(s): FIC VC19 (Supplied by FIC)
Memory(s): 512mb Crucial PC2700 (Supplied by Crucial)
Video Card(s): nVidia GeForce4 Ti4200 Reference (Supplied by nVidia)
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 80gb 7,200 RPM ATA100
Sound Card(s): Sound Blaster Extigy
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional
Drivers Used: Native OS - Sony 16/10/40 and Liteon 52/24/52
Software Used: Nero Burning ROM, Nero CD Speed, SiSoft Sandra 2003, CD Tach 98
Please Note - We used TDK 700mb 80min CD-R media capable of writing at 52x and 16x respectively on both of our test products. The 615mb data CD we used was Need for Speed - HP2 by EA Games. No firmware updates were applied to either drive.
Nero Burning ROM
Nero Burning ROM is the best friend your recorder could ever have. Fast, ultra-stable, powerful, and user-friendly, Nero is the complete answer to your recording needs. Since 1995, Nero's development has been guided by users like you.
- On The Fly (615mb)
For our first benchmark we burnt a 615mb data CD "on the fly" from our source drive Pioneer 16x DVD. The Liteon 52x drive certainly kept the Pioneer drive on its toes the entire time since the Pioneer drive could only read at a maximum speed of 40x - This did not seem to effect our burning procedure though with the Liteon drive beating the slower Sony drive by over three and a half minutes.
Given 40x was the highest obtainable write speed in this test, the Liteon drive performed very well indeed.
- Image from HDD - (615mb)
In this benchmark the 615mb source image from the Pioneer 16x DVD had to be copied to the HDD then results were recorded from each burner for the total time (including writing the image to HDD) required.
The Liteon drive shows almost a three minute advantage in this test.
SiSoft Sandra CD-ROM Benchmark
SiSoft Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) 2003 is a synthetic windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
*** Buy the Professional upgrade version of Sandra 2003 - Get your own copy here! ***
This test did not compare the burn speed capabilities from each drive. Sandra 2003 CD-ROM synthetic benchmark tested each of the drives to determine their performance when reading CDs with access times and so forth taken into consideration.
We see that the Liteon drive takes a clear advantage over the Sony drive which is only able to read at 40x. This benchmark is useful for those intend on using the burner as their standard standalone CD drive as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 3 [Features]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System and Nero Burning ROM and Sandra]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Nero CD Speed and CD Tach 98]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 7 [Media Testing and Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines