We definitely like things to be fast and up-to-date around here. Whether it be the fastest processor or the most overclockable stick of RAM with ultra high timings or the largest hard disk drive on the market - we must have it in our systems. I think I was born with this hungry and often expensive desire, anyway.
One type of product which is often overlooked by computer users is CD-RW burners. While it would nice for each and every one of us to have the latest DVD burners installed inside our systems, the fact remains they are still out of reach for most users with their high asking prices of around $300 - $400 US (upwards $600 AU). Until the time arrives when they become mainstream (which is still more than 12 months away), CD-RW burners will continue to sell well and we will see burn speeds continue to be ramped up by manufactures as much as possible - but with the amazing speeds already achieved today, we are slowly coming to the end of the road in this department.
Back a few years ago when CD burners started appearing, I was envious of friends who had their very own brand new, speedy 4/2/12 burners. Over the past few years CD burners have increased in popularity immensely and unsurprisingly this has proved as the fuel required by manufacturers to keep improving on this technology with features such as "burn-proof" and of course, yielding much faster burn speeds for us end-users.
A couple of weeks ago I decided it was time to upgrade my aging 16x burner and lash out to what Taiwanese based company Liteon were claiming is the World's Fastest CD-RW Burner! - We are talking about the 522446S to be exact with its stunning 52x write, 24x re-write and 52x read on-paper figures. How does it really perform though? How much noise does it make? Is the CD-RW media out there to actually make use of it?
We answer these questions and more today in this review of Liteon's latest and greatest CD-RW burner!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 3 [Features]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System and Nero Burning ROM and Sandra]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Nero CD Speed and CD Tach 98]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 7 [Media Testing and Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS starts teasing the ROG MATRIX video cards are on their way
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- HTC co-founder gets a second job at a visual effects company
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20