Today we'll be looking at the GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H-B3 against a number of other boards including its big, big, big brother; the Z68X-UD7-B3 which we've already found ourselves extremely pleased with. We've also got a couple of other Z68 boards included and an X58 one; they can all be seen in the above image or in each of our graphs.
When it comes to overclocking, the Z68X-UD3H-B3 carries with it the same EasyTune 6 Quick Boost functionality that is present on the Z68X-UD7-B3 and many other GIGABYTE boards.
What that means is we can fire up EasyTune 6, hit level 3 and get 4.2GHz or when Intel SpeedStep kicks in, it can be as high as 4.39GHz. We tested it on the UD3H today to make sure it worked with no issues. Of course, as you would expect, it ran fine and when the CPU was in use SpeedStep did kick the speed up to 4.39GHz.
Because we have only just tested the Z68X-UD7-B3 and we included the performance results at level 3 Quick Boost, we haven't retested it today on the UD3H. Instead we've just opted to go into the BIOS and do some manual overclocking to see what we could get out of the board.
Overclocking wasn't as strong as the Z68X-UD7-B3 which is what we expected. What we did end up with, though, was a solid 5.09GHz. This should yield some strong performance over the stock 3.4GHz clock and we'll see how it compares to some of the other boards we've tested.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Touch BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 8 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 12 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- It's Not Too Late - Our Cyber Monday Sale Continues Today
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- Release your frustration with Black Friday, the game!
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY