What we have seen today with the arrival of the Microlab SOLO6C is a much and long awaited trend away from traditional sub woofer based multimedia audio systems. Rather, these favor the method of using large powerful full range drivers to achieve a full spectrum audio experience.
Microlab has also sought the design and production methods held by a veteran of the industry, one Peter Larsen. This was in order to insure that their efforts were not in vein when producing the SOLO6C. And for us this was a key move by Microlab which also added much needed street credibility for the Chinese based company still looking to make an inroad into the speaker business.
However, what really makes the SOLO6C such a strong product in our view is the combination of amplifier and speaker in a single package for a price that would ordinarily just buy an amp or a set of speakers. Now, we are not saying that this system will sound the same as buying a stereo amplifier and a pair of speakers from a Hi-Fi store, but when paired with a good quality sound card, you can get a whole lot closer than ever before.
Bottom line, though, for music lovers with a small budget who simply cannot afford the twelve hundred+ for a 'proper' brand name Hi-Fi, and whom have invested in a sound card previously for their system - We would recommend the SOLO6C very highly, because finding something of equal performance and build quality with an amp thrown in for the same price...well... good luck sir!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives