What we have seen today with the arrival of the Microlab SOLO6C is a much and long awaited trend away from traditional sub woofer based multimedia audio systems. Rather, these favor the method of using large powerful full range drivers to achieve a full spectrum audio experience.
Microlab has also sought the design and production methods held by a veteran of the industry, one Peter Larsen. This was in order to insure that their efforts were not in vein when producing the SOLO6C. And for us this was a key move by Microlab which also added much needed street credibility for the Chinese based company still looking to make an inroad into the speaker business.
However, what really makes the SOLO6C such a strong product in our view is the combination of amplifier and speaker in a single package for a price that would ordinarily just buy an amp or a set of speakers. Now, we are not saying that this system will sound the same as buying a stereo amplifier and a pair of speakers from a Hi-Fi store, but when paired with a good quality sound card, you can get a whole lot closer than ever before.
Bottom line, though, for music lovers with a small budget who simply cannot afford the twelve hundred+ for a 'proper' brand name Hi-Fi, and whom have invested in a sound card previously for their system - We would recommend the SOLO6C very highly, because finding something of equal performance and build quality with an amp thrown in for the same price...well... good luck sir!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications