What we have seen today with the arrival of the Microlab SOLO6C is a much and long awaited trend away from traditional sub woofer based multimedia audio systems. Rather, these favor the method of using large powerful full range drivers to achieve a full spectrum audio experience.
Microlab has also sought the design and production methods held by a veteran of the industry, one Peter Larsen. This was in order to insure that their efforts were not in vein when producing the SOLO6C. And for us this was a key move by Microlab which also added much needed street credibility for the Chinese based company still looking to make an inroad into the speaker business.
However, what really makes the SOLO6C such a strong product in our view is the combination of amplifier and speaker in a single package for a price that would ordinarily just buy an amp or a set of speakers. Now, we are not saying that this system will sound the same as buying a stereo amplifier and a pair of speakers from a Hi-Fi store, but when paired with a good quality sound card, you can get a whole lot closer than ever before.
Bottom line, though, for music lovers with a small budget who simply cannot afford the twelve hundred+ for a 'proper' brand name Hi-Fi, and whom have invested in a sound card previously for their system - We would recommend the SOLO6C very highly, because finding something of equal performance and build quality with an amp thrown in for the same price...well... good luck sir!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset