The GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7-B3 is a great looking board; the all black PCB and black connector setup looks fantastic with that gunmetal grey heatsink setup running down the middle with little bits of gold seen throughout. From top to bottom this is just a good looking board.
Looking at the expansion setup, you've got a really strong setup for people who are interested in going down the multi GPU path. Alongside two legacy PCI slots and a single PCI-E 1x slot, we have four PCI-E 16x ones. Like all our other Z68 boards, though, these don't all run at 16x.
Unlike other Z68 boards, though, GIGABYTE has chosen to include the NF200 chip which gives us some great options for people who want to go down the multi card route. If you use the top slot and the third slot, both cards will run at 16x. This differs to all other Z68 boards we've looked at that will run only at 8x when two cards are installed.
If you install a third card in the final 16x slot, you will have a 16x / 8x / 8x setup. Again, comparing to other Z68 boards which if supporting three VGA cards would run at 8x / 8x / 4x. If you want to go down the Z68 path with multi GPUs, this board is looking like the one to buy. Let's continue looking around, though.
Moving away from the expansion side of things, we can move to the bottom of the board. Here we've got an absolute bucket load of headers. Starting from the left, we've got 1394 FireWire, two fans, two USB 3.0, another fan, two USB 2.0 and our main system header. Just above that final header, we can also see our debug display which will help troubleshoot any problems you're having.
Just around the corner, we can see the header again and next to that we've got eight SATA ports. We've got four SATA2 and four SATA3. The black ports are SATA2 running off the Z68, while the white also run off the Z68, but are SATA3. As for the grey, they're also SATA3, but use the Marvell 88SE9128 chip. You'd only move away from the Intel chip if you needed to make use of a third or fourth SATA3 drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017