The Build and Finished Product
Since we saw the RV03 with its full covering when we got it out of the box, I figured when I installed the optical drive, I would now show you the "other" face. While not as clean of a finished look, these filters will definitely allow for excellent air flow and dust protection.
Even using a m-ATX board in this chassis, the cabling that was pre-wired still looks amazing once it's all connected. This has to be one of the cleanest builds I have ever turned out. I also have to mention I'm using the same PSU I was given for the FT03 review. Without its modularity and optional short cable kit, I could see this chassis getting hard to manage with too many wires.
With the door back on and the view through the window having something to look at, you can see the odd shape allows for a view from the last VGA or sound card on the right, all the way to the "top" of the cooler on the right. There is no visible mess, or any view of steel framing. While small, this window does exactly what it's supposed to.
The set up back here couldn't have been easier unless I was watching someone else do it. You do have to remove the drive trays to install all of the drives, but even so, it is well worth the effort. Notice again, all you see is the wiring I added; the case wiring was and is still hidden!
When I replaced the rear panel the fan hole made a lot more sense to its location. The twist of the tray was throwing me off, but once I could see the back plate through the hole, the light bulb turned on and it all made sense.
Powered up, the only noticeable LEDs on the chassis are the same as the other Raven models, and it offers only the white chevron at the top that in the middle has a red LED to show hard drive activity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS