Accessories and Documentation
Part of what gets included in the hardware box is these wire ties, the Molex to triple 3-pin fan power adapter and a thick block of white foam with tape on two sides, for which I never found any use.
Screws are plentiful for this build. The large bundle on the left is used to install any 3.5" drive. There is a small black foam strip with tape on one side; again I don't know what for. There are some extra risers, motherboard and power supply screws, and 2.5" drive installation screws, or for securing optical drives.
The RV03 manual is top notch. Every aspect of removal or replacement is covered in here. While there wasn't an explanation to the foam pads, there are terrific drawings to go along with the simple to follow text. There is even a section on maintenance and fan replacement, when or if you need that information.
The solid plastic bay covers on the front of the RV03 are backed with a built in dust cover. As there is room and included hardware to add intake fans to the front of the chassis, SilverStone offers the ability to replace just the filter half of these components to allow good flow, while keeping dust and mischievous pets at bay. The two components are simply snapped together with a large tab on both sides. I was pretty aggressive with a couple of these and they all removed cleanly and nothing got broken, so don't be shy if they seem "stuck".
There are two more fan adapters not shown; one would go on the opposite ends of these assemblies. Essentially, these hard drive trays slide into tabs on the fan adapter to make a somewhat solid unit, but without the screws it is flimsy in this state. If you do plan to use these in the 5.25" bays, I will recommend you replace all the little black screws it took to remove these from the chassis with the drive trays you reinstall. In my instance, I just left them out all together, as there are better hard drive mounting options around back.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Google Pixel 2 leak: The headphone jack is gone
- Meizu unveils Pro 7: Dual camera, secondary display
- Visceral's Star Wars game on schedule for 2018 release
- The first official pictures of Radeon RX Vega leaked
- AMD Vega 20 with 32GB of HBM2 teased with Vega 10/11/12
- FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler Review
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers