The SilverStone SST-RV03B-W Extended ATX Tower Chassis
From the front, the top of the RV03 is pointed in the middle and drops to the sides. Each V that goes from gold stripe to gold stripe is a bay cover and can be removed. The large panel at the bottom gets a PSU behind it, so there is no need for this area to be vented and SilverStone added the Raven logo here.
On the top you get very stylized louvers and mesh to cover the top. In the front there is the Front I/O under the cover, and the hole behind this gives you access to the fan controllers.
Looking into the hole behind the I/O, there is a pair of switches with a "H" and "L" marking for fan speeds. Since they are pre-wired to the 180mm fans, SilverStone designated which is the front fan and which is the rear fan control.
Under the cover you find a very simple front I/O panel. There are 3.5mm jacks for headphones and a microphone along with a pair of USB 3.0 ports. Since they are reverse compatible, they can be used for USB 2.0 as well.
The left side of the chassis has the window in the RV03, and at first glance it appears the window is small. When the build is finished you will see that it is just the right amount of view into the chassis. The large vented area at the bottom will allow for the PSU to exhaust out this panel.
It's a bit tough to see in the expanse of black, but there is a spot to add a 120mm fan here if you wish. On the left, there is a vented area that is behind the motherboard tray and will allow for air to escape here, too.
The right side carries the same venting over the PSU as did the other side, but the hole in the middle of the door is odd. Looking deeper, I now see that this hole will allow for air to be blown right onto the back of the motherboard under the CPU.
To look at the typical "rear" panel, we need to remove the top. Once out of the way you can see there is an exhaust fan, water cooling holes, USB 3.0 cables, and eight expansion slots.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20