The Motherboard Continued
As we move to the top end of the board, we can see our four RAM slots which support up to 32GB of DDR3 at 1066/1333/1600/1866/2133/2200MHz DDR. Below our RAM slots we've got our standard 24-Pin ATX power connector and to the left we've got our USB3 header.
Around here, though, there's a couple of extra switches. In the bottom right corner we've got two switches labeled EPU and TPU. The TPU switch when enabled will automatically optimize the system for fast, yet stable clock speeds, while the EPU will automatically detect the current PC loadings and intelligently moderate the power consumption. You may or may not find yourself using these; most people tend to want to stay away from switches on the board itself.
Just above these switches we've got another button. The "MemOK!" button determines failsafe settings for your memory and dramatically improves your system boot success. Most people will probably find themselves not needing to use it, as with XMP profiles you can get your memory at the optimum settings without having to do much. Just next to this button you also see a fan header and above that you see a couple more.
Continuing to move around the board, you can see our main 8-Pin CPU power connector and next to that another fan header. Looking at the CPU area itself, we've got a clean setup with a couple of heatsinks present to keep some of those toasty areas a little cooler.
Looking at the I/O side of things, you can see starting from the left we've got four USB2 ports and not a single PS/2 one. If you hadn't upgraded to a USB keyboard, now would seem to be the time. Moving over, we've got two more USB2 ports, eSATA controlled by the JMicron JMB362 controller and a Bluetooth module.
Moving on, we've got an optical port, HDMI, VGA, DVI, Gigabit networking from the Intel 82579 controller, two USB3 ports from the ASMedia controller and our six analogue audio jacks that offer audio from the Realtek ALC 892 8 Channel HD Audio Codec.
I have to admit, I did find myself a little thrown by the lack of a PS/2 port and found myself hunting my old Logitech G15 USB keyboard down. It's not a big deal, but it's something that you do have to note. It would be so frustrating to setup your new PC and have a PS/2 Keyboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 8 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 12 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- OBS Studio adds support for AMD Video Coding Engine
- Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3 first games with Microsoft DRM
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- Another stupid human crashes Google's self-driving party
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now