As the days go on we find ourselves with more and more Z68 based boards arriving in our labs for us to look at. The latest today is from ASUS and carries with it the P8Z68-V Pro model name.
We didn't preview any ASUS boards prior to the Z68 launch, so we'll be looking at what exactly is on offer from the P8Z68-V Pro. We'll get straight into the package to see what is going on there before we have a look at the motherboard itself.
Once that's done we'll check out the BIOS ASUS is using before we look at what kind of overclock we're able to achieve. Then we'll of course be looking at the performance of the board to see how strong the ASUS board is compared to some of the competition.
So with that said, let's not delay any longer and get straight into the package.
There's not heaps in the package, but it's not a small one at the same time. It indeed offers more than boards like the ASRock Pro3. We've got a manual, driver CD, I/O back plate and four SATA cables. The two all black cables are SATA2 while the two with white bits on them are SATA3 ones.
Moving a little further into the package, we've got a bridge, some easy header adapters and a USB3 back plate. It's not a huge package, but it's not a small one either. Inside we've got everything we need to get up and running and a couple of extras like the USB3 back plate.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 8 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 12 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni