You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
In our next mSATA product review we'll be looking at the Renice K3vlar which is based on a SandForce SF-1200 controller. The K3vlar ships with an mSATA to 2.5" adapter bracket, so we can connect these two 50mm drives provided by My Digital Discount to our standard storage product workstation.
We also tested both mSATA SSDs in a Lenovo notebook. Some may question the need for a SSD in a notebook ,but the above image should give you an indication as to how much bloatware comes on OEM notebooks these days. With the standard 2.5" spinner the notebook was slow to respond to commands and took quite a while to boot up.
We cloned the existing drive to our MDD Bullet Proof and the user experience went from miserable to mesmerizing. Anyone who is used to the SSD feel will have a difficult time going back to a spinner and users coming from spinners to SSDs are amazed at the performance offered and the enhanced user experience that comes with instant actions.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
Using our standard Core i5 system with a Sandy Bridge chipset, we achieved read speeds in excess of 270MB/s and write speeds just under 215MB/s. This level of performance was more than that quoted by MyDigitalSSD and a massive improvement over the platter drive that shipped with the Lenovo notebook.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017