You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
In our next mSATA product review we'll be looking at the Renice K3vlar which is based on a SandForce SF-1200 controller. The K3vlar ships with an mSATA to 2.5" adapter bracket, so we can connect these two 50mm drives provided by My Digital Discount to our standard storage product workstation.
We also tested both mSATA SSDs in a Lenovo notebook. Some may question the need for a SSD in a notebook ,but the above image should give you an indication as to how much bloatware comes on OEM notebooks these days. With the standard 2.5" spinner the notebook was slow to respond to commands and took quite a while to boot up.
We cloned the existing drive to our MDD Bullet Proof and the user experience went from miserable to mesmerizing. Anyone who is used to the SSD feel will have a difficult time going back to a spinner and users coming from spinners to SSDs are amazed at the performance offered and the enhanced user experience that comes with instant actions.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
Using our standard Core i5 system with a Sandy Bridge chipset, we achieved read speeds in excess of 270MB/s and write speeds just under 215MB/s. This level of performance was more than that quoted by MyDigitalSSD and a massive improvement over the platter drive that shipped with the Lenovo notebook.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda sale: $13 Doom, cheap ESO and more
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds continues titanic growth
- Next-gen Hololens to have custom AI chip
- The OnePlus 5 8GB now available for immediate dispatch
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4