After all the tests have been finished, we see a heatsink that stands apart from the crowd. It has a different type of mounting method, it looks different from most of the industry's coolers and the performance is far above what most would consider normal.
For a lot of people, cooling is nothing more than an afterthought. It is nothing more than a little piece that has to be added to their budget when they begin shopping for components to create that new rig. If you fall into this category, then I'll be the first to tell you that you shouldn't look this way for your cooling needs. But if you happen to be one of those demanding individuals who require nothing short of extraordinary, then take a long look at the Swiftech MCX462+ heatsink.
Of course, this level of performance doesn't come without a price to pay. We're talking US$48.50 for the heatsink and this does not include a fan. So the entry fee is rather steep, but after looking at the results, you can see for yourself that it is worth it. Also of note in the pricing category is the availability of a Pentium 4 mounting bracket kit for an additional US$3.00
Bottom line...If you're looking for a budget cooler, then keep looking. But if you're looking for a no-holds-barred Kick-Ass cooling solution that is certainly better than most other models on the market, then go out and pick up one of these babies. The sheer cooling prowess of this cooler is well above the norm and will make even the most power hungry of enthusiast happy.
Near perfect base
Excellent mass and surface area
Accepts 70mm or 80mm fans
Fan not standard
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform