After all the tests have been finished, we see a heatsink that stands apart from the crowd. It has a different type of mounting method, it looks different from most of the industry's coolers and the performance is far above what most would consider normal.
For a lot of people, cooling is nothing more than an afterthought. It is nothing more than a little piece that has to be added to their budget when they begin shopping for components to create that new rig. If you fall into this category, then I'll be the first to tell you that you shouldn't look this way for your cooling needs. But if you happen to be one of those demanding individuals who require nothing short of extraordinary, then take a long look at the Swiftech MCX462+ heatsink.
Of course, this level of performance doesn't come without a price to pay. We're talking US$48.50 for the heatsink and this does not include a fan. So the entry fee is rather steep, but after looking at the results, you can see for yourself that it is worth it. Also of note in the pricing category is the availability of a Pentium 4 mounting bracket kit for an additional US$3.00
Bottom line...If you're looking for a budget cooler, then keep looking. But if you're looking for a no-holds-barred Kick-Ass cooling solution that is certainly better than most other models on the market, then go out and pick up one of these babies. The sheer cooling prowess of this cooler is well above the norm and will make even the most power hungry of enthusiast happy.
Near perfect base
Excellent mass and surface area
Accepts 70mm or 80mm fans
Fan not standard
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Take an Extra 15% Off All VPNs at TweakTown Deals
- Aussie Police crack down on phone use while driving
- Viral vandalism video sees young woman 'completely humiliated'
- LG announces 'Ray' smartphone for 3G markets
- Power two systems with one power supply thanks to Phanteks' splitter
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS