The ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU II TOP while being a bit of a tongue twister to say, is a fantastic version of the GTX 560. The decision to go with a 925MHz core and 4200MHz QDR memory clock means that the card is one of the fastest at launch and people wanting to enjoy the big overclock without the need to overclock yourself means the DirectCU II TOP version is indeed going to be an attractive option.
Of course, if you do want to overclock yourself this model is also a great option with Voltage Tweak ability available through ASUS' own overclocking software. With such a strong cooler also present on the card, you can feel confident in overclocking without the fear that you're going to damage the card.
The ASUS version we've looked at today offers something different to the other ones we've already looked at. MSI while having a slower clocked card have got something that runs nice and cool. Palit offer us something a bit faster than the MSI option that's also very quiet, but does come at the cost of a bit more heat.
The ASUS option we're looking at today runs a little louder than the other two cards, but offers more performance while being able to run slightly cooler than the Palit offering. You also get that Voltage Tweak ability thanks to Smart Doctor which means even more potential performance can be seen from the card.
Priced at $219.99 US, the ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU II TOP sits 10% higher than the MSRP that NVIDIA have set for the model. That of course doesnt come as any kind of surprise, though, as weve got an awesome cooler and a very strong out of the box overclock.
The good news is, though, if you're more than happy to overclock yourself, the 850MHz core model from ASUS carries the same DirectCU II cooler, but only a $199.99 US price tag. The fact that ASUS has offered such a strong overclock on the TOP model means the extra $20 is more than justifiable, but there's always the option to save some money and overclock yourself while being able to make use of the fantastic DirectCU II cooler.
In the end, though, we've just got another fantastic GTX 560 that brings something a little different to the table which is exactly what you want to see when you look at multiple versions of the same model at launch.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis