The ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU II TOP while being a bit of a tongue twister to say, is a fantastic version of the GTX 560. The decision to go with a 925MHz core and 4200MHz QDR memory clock means that the card is one of the fastest at launch and people wanting to enjoy the big overclock without the need to overclock yourself means the DirectCU II TOP version is indeed going to be an attractive option.
Of course, if you do want to overclock yourself this model is also a great option with Voltage Tweak ability available through ASUS' own overclocking software. With such a strong cooler also present on the card, you can feel confident in overclocking without the fear that you're going to damage the card.
The ASUS version we've looked at today offers something different to the other ones we've already looked at. MSI while having a slower clocked card have got something that runs nice and cool. Palit offer us something a bit faster than the MSI option that's also very quiet, but does come at the cost of a bit more heat.
The ASUS option we're looking at today runs a little louder than the other two cards, but offers more performance while being able to run slightly cooler than the Palit offering. You also get that Voltage Tweak ability thanks to Smart Doctor which means even more potential performance can be seen from the card.
Priced at $219.99 US, the ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU II TOP sits 10% higher than the MSRP that NVIDIA have set for the model. That of course doesnt come as any kind of surprise, though, as weve got an awesome cooler and a very strong out of the box overclock.
The good news is, though, if you're more than happy to overclock yourself, the 850MHz core model from ASUS carries the same DirectCU II cooler, but only a $199.99 US price tag. The fact that ASUS has offered such a strong overclock on the TOP model means the extra $20 is more than justifiable, but there's always the option to save some money and overclock yourself while being able to make use of the fantastic DirectCU II cooler.
In the end, though, we've just got another fantastic GTX 560 that brings something a little different to the table which is exactly what you want to see when you look at multiple versions of the same model at launch.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- New 'Justice League' trailer comes together
- BMW teases the next 100 years of vehicle technology
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse