Inside the Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Mid Tower Case
This has to be the cleanest case I have ever opened out of the box. Both all of the hardware and paperwork are tucked in a bag in the optical bays. All of the wiring is also in here and wrapped super tight, not allowing them to move much at all during transit.
There are actually five 5.25" bays, but the wiring and the front I/O take up the top one. The following four bays all have removable covers and a tool-free latch on this side. Below is the pair of three drive trays for the hard drives.
Removing four screws, the whole rack is removable, and you can configure the case to suit your specific needs. Now you can see the 200mm intake fan as well.
The motherboard tray is clearly labeled for both ATX or m-ATX motherboards and offers quite a few wire management holes with rubber grommets to give it the same clean and finished look of other Obsidians.
The rear of the chassis will allow for a 140mm fan but the 120mm you see here is what comes shipped in the chassis. The expansion cards get held in with thumbscrews, and of course any standard PS2 power supply mounts on the floor.
On the left there is the adjustable power supply support. Install the PSU, then slide this under the front and replace the thumb screws. To the right are three holes to allow a place to set one of the hard drive racks as an option.
Behind the tray there is plenty of room for thick wiring. Since the door panels load from the bottom first, it makes tucking wires in while you shut the door much easier too.
I love that you get an all black chassis and every wire in the chassis matches. This to me makes the finished build that much nicer to look at without a rainbow of colors like we see in a lot of others.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Early Access games dominate Steam game sales in 2015
- Report: Mega Man movie gets greenlit by Fox
- We Heard You Like Discounts
- Acer's new 10-core smartphone will 'dominate' Android gaming
- The first big patch for Windows 10 is coming soon
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015