The first season of The Twilight Zone received a rapturous response when it was first aired on American screens in the fall of 1959. For all its quality attributes; the acting, the music and the adult tone of the series, the one thing that set The Twilight Zone above its rivals on television screens was the quality of its scripts. Rod Serling worked extremely hard to craft an engaging series, with interesting, topical and thought provoking stories that are as relevant 50 years later as they always were.
Some episode highlights of the second series include: The Russian allegory The Invaders, the William Shatner starring The Nick of Time which was recently remade as the feature film The Box, and A Thing about Machines which goes to show that some things never change.
The vast majority of the second season Twilight Zone scripts were again penned by creator Rod Serling and showed little evidence of degradation and burn out that would plague later seasons. Just like the first series, The Twilight Zone is quality and relatively timeless television at its best.
The Twilight Zone is presented in a full screen aspect ratio of 1.33:1 (its original aspect ratio), encoded with AVC MPEG-4 compression.
The main restored audio track is encoded in uncompressed PCM 2.0 (dual mono) with an unrestored mono audio track using the same codec.
Viewers of the Twilight Zone: Season will know exactly what to expect here. The audio track on offer here is every bit the 50 years of age and all the audio track can do here is present it to the best of its capacity. It's fine enough, but don't go expecting any surround sound shenigans here.
There's not much that really needs to be said about the audio. Suffice to say, it is highly audible and very clear. Sound effects and music sound perfectly fine, however their frequency response is severely hampered.
Again, Shock Entertainment and Image have produced a fabulous treasure trove of extras for fans of the series. Let's jump in.
Additionally, almost all of the episodes also feature an Isolated score audio track from Hollywood legends such as Jerry Goldsmith and Bernard Hermann.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand