It comes as no surprise at all as we climb up in speed and the voltage on our CPU, the increased heat jumps up. Even at 5.35GHz, though, the idle temperature is extremely good on the MSI Z68A-GD80.
One of the biggest reasons for the big increase in temperature at 5.35GHz, though, would have to be the small amount of droop on offer from the MSI board. With our CPU voltage set to 1.5v in the BIOS the reported numbers under load were 1.47v, which is extremely strong when compared to the ASRock which drooped down to 1.41v.
Power Draw Tests
As we pump more and more volts through our system to achieve a huge overclock, you can see the power draw does indeed climb. The numbers aren't out of the ordinary, though, and really for a setup like what we've got today a strong power supply like the AX750 from Corsair would be perfect as it gives you headroom for another video card later down the track.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [BIOS]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 4 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 6 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 10 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ISS crew arrives at Space Station after two-day trip
- Major cyber attack knocks out popular websites
- Cassini's final year of its epic voyage to Saturn
- Nintendo won't reveal full Switch specs until 2017
- Nintendo Switch may have extra power while docked
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system