MSI has put together a really good board that not only looks good, but packs a bunch of features and a great BIOS that has offered us a really strong overclock. Of course, if you're wondering where the pictures of the motherboard and box are, you'll see them in our extensive MSI Z680A-GD80 Preview we did on the board last week.
It's been a decade since I've used an MSI board and they've come an extremely long way in that time. Outside of the bundle and the visual looks of the board, you've got some fantastic features on offer. The Military Class II aspect of the board means extremely high quality components are used while OC Genie II makes overclocking for newbies an absolute breeze.
MSI clearly understand that overclocking can be a bit of a daunting task and messing around in the BIOS continues to scare people. Knowing that all you have to do is push a simple button, though, and you can gain 100s of extra MHz is fantastic. Of course, if you want to jump in the BIOS and really start to mess around, all the options are there.
On the topic of the BIOS, the CLiCKBIOS is a little daunting at first sight for people who have used some of the more standard designed UEFI BIOS, but behind the simplistic layout are all the options you want and need. While initially it offers that user friendly and bright display, if you want to really dive into what's on offer, everything is there.
The MSI Z61A-GD80 offers everything and more users would expect out of a motherboard. It will be extremely interesting to see what the Z68MA-ED55 could offer with its Micro ATX form factor. For now, though, if you're looking for a full sized Z68 board, the MSI offering we've got here today is a fantastic one.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [BIOS]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 4 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 6 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 10 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Save big on training for tech's hottest coding languages
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 with all DLC on sale for $15
- NVIDIA's Fallout 4 mod adds advanced lighting, shadows
- Stranger Things renewed for second season
- Nintendo NX dimensions and design possibly leaked
- Computer crashes and freezes
- Who wants to try reviewing?
- Who wants to try reviewing?
- PNY CS1311 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Intel 7th Gen "Kaby Lake" Core Processor Overview
- LG Electronics announces the world's largest UltraWide gaming monitors
- Acer announces world's first curved screen notebook
- Samsung mass produces 14nm Exynos processor with full connectivity integration
- Samsung launches two new curved gaming monitors
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces ROG Masters