With all the news about the P67, the B2 or B3 stepping and now Z68, there is still room for the tried and true X58 chipset. This time on our bench is a mid-range board from GIGABYTE - we have the X58-USB3.
The X58-USB3 leaves off the SATA 3.0, but keeps the USB 3.0. You also still get the usual SLI and Crossfire support and all for the fairly low price of $179.99 at Newegg at the time of writing. This is not bad at all to enter the world of triple channel RAM and the upper end Core i7 CPUs!
So let's take a look at this board and find out what kind of performance you can get for about $180.
Package and Contents
The box the X58-USB3 comes in looks much like all of the others on the market from GIGABYTE. The front has some of the typical imagery that GB uses including the 333 logo, the on/off charge logo and others.
The back continues the trend with a little more detail that the front shows. One of the prominent features that GB wants to show off is the Dynamic Energy saver and the Smart 6 Suite of applications.
The loot in the box is in line with the price, but then again, what would you expect?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- Ubisoft promises Rainbow Six: Siege will be fixed before it launches
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis