With all the news about the P67, the B2 or B3 stepping and now Z68, there is still room for the tried and true X58 chipset. This time on our bench is a mid-range board from GIGABYTE - we have the X58-USB3.
The X58-USB3 leaves off the SATA 3.0, but keeps the USB 3.0. You also still get the usual SLI and Crossfire support and all for the fairly low price of $179.99 at Newegg at the time of writing. This is not bad at all to enter the world of triple channel RAM and the upper end Core i7 CPUs!
So let's take a look at this board and find out what kind of performance you can get for about $180.
Package and Contents
The box the X58-USB3 comes in looks much like all of the others on the market from GIGABYTE. The front has some of the typical imagery that GB uses including the 333 logo, the on/off charge logo and others.
The back continues the trend with a little more detail that the front shows. One of the prominent features that GB wants to show off is the Dynamic Energy saver and the Smart 6 Suite of applications.
The loot in the box is in line with the price, but then again, what would you expect?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided scheduled for Feb. 23, 2016 launch
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- Save Up to 96% On August's Top 3 Deals
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20