Mushkin's Joule 800W power supply has a modest list of cables and connectors for an 800W unit. Perhaps most important to note is that the power supply does feature both an ATX4+4 cable and EPS12V connector, should you require both. The unit is capable of supplying power to two graphics cards with a total of four 6+2 pin PCI-E connectors via two cables. There are also two cables with four SATA connectors and a single cable with four Molex and one FDD connector.
Once we opened up the Joule 800W, we found that all of the cables terminated in four different 12V positions on the PCB. As such, we'll call the power supply a four rail power supply since Mushkin can't make up their mind. 12V1 was traced to the Main connector and all peripheral connectors. 12V2 shared output with one of the PCI-E cables and the EPS12V cable. 12V3 was all by itself and housed a single PCI-E cable, while 12V4 was similar in that it only had the ATX 4+4 cable on it.
A Look Inside
Opening up the Joule reveals a clean layout and what would appear to be adequate cooling for the Joule 800W power supply.
The primary side of the power supply houses a pair of Teapo capacitors. While we haven't had many troubles with Teapo lately, the capacitors included in this power supply are only rated for 85C instead of the much more favored 105C caps.
Looking towards the secondary side, we find more Teapo capacitors. At least these are all rated for 105C.
Finally we get a shot of the 120mm fan cooling the Joule 800W power supply. It is made by BTek, model A1225L125.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD