Mushkin's Joule 800W power supply has a modest list of cables and connectors for an 800W unit. Perhaps most important to note is that the power supply does feature both an ATX4+4 cable and EPS12V connector, should you require both. The unit is capable of supplying power to two graphics cards with a total of four 6+2 pin PCI-E connectors via two cables. There are also two cables with four SATA connectors and a single cable with four Molex and one FDD connector.
Once we opened up the Joule 800W, we found that all of the cables terminated in four different 12V positions on the PCB. As such, we'll call the power supply a four rail power supply since Mushkin can't make up their mind. 12V1 was traced to the Main connector and all peripheral connectors. 12V2 shared output with one of the PCI-E cables and the EPS12V cable. 12V3 was all by itself and housed a single PCI-E cable, while 12V4 was similar in that it only had the ATX 4+4 cable on it.
A Look Inside
Opening up the Joule reveals a clean layout and what would appear to be adequate cooling for the Joule 800W power supply.
The primary side of the power supply houses a pair of Teapo capacitors. While we haven't had many troubles with Teapo lately, the capacitors included in this power supply are only rated for 85C instead of the much more favored 105C caps.
Looking towards the secondary side, we find more Teapo capacitors. At least these are all rated for 105C.
Finally we get a shot of the 120mm fan cooling the Joule 800W power supply. It is made by BTek, model A1225L125.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kojima Productions' opening title sequence is weird, but awesome
- When 'Supergirl' flies to Blu-ray, you can win Season One on us!
- Lost 'Star Trek: Original Series' 35mm footage located, Blu-ray coming
- Xbox One 500GB price cut to $249 ahead of Xbox One S launch
- Verizon reportedly buying Yahoo for $5 billion
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio