So far I've told you that the little ineo NAS doesn't have many of the features found on QNAP and Thecus's highly refined products. Now it's time to show you what it does have. Most users are never going to use a Torrent download function, but the ineo has one. Few home users could actually care about iSCSI, but it's in there too. Truth be told, most of the features a technology accepting family would want to use is actually included with the 649.99 USD ineo NAS. That also includes the single option that everyone wants, DLNA!
DLNA is a feature built by a genius. It allows your DLNA devices to read directly from the storage device, play music, movies and picture slideshows all from your remote control from the couch. Forget getting up to grab a disc, mess with a mouse or change settings for this and that, DLNA is where it's at.
What's even better is that ineo is still adding features, even taking suggestions. I've spoken with an ineo engineer on several occasions and they are thrilled with this little NAS. They are working on more features, more software and more functionality. I suggested a Usenet download function; when it comes out in the next release you can thank me :)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The ineo I-NA559N Pro]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup