Looking at the card, there nothing too different to some of the other recent MSI cards we've seen that use the Twin Frozr III cooler. It's a good looking cooler and has cooled extremely well in the past when we've looked at it. Hopefully today it helps us achieve a nice overclock on the card.
Taking a quick look around the card, we've got two 6-Pin PCI-E power connectors at the top of the card and closer to the front we've got two CrossFire connectors.
Looking at the I/O side of things, we've got a strong setup with two mini DP ports, HDMI along with a Dual and Single-Link DVI connector. It's nice to see that MSI have opted for the stronger I/O line up. More importantly, though, it's great to see that MSI have chosen to include a mini DP to DP connector. It's something that people who use DP monitors are going to want and need and it's just great to see MSI have included it.
Out of the box MSI have pushed the core up to 850MHz from the default 800MHz which is a nice out of the box overclock. MSI have also chosen to overclock the 2GB of GDDR from 5000MHz QDR to 5200MHz QDR which is a nice little overclock.
Of course, being a Power Edition card, we want to overclock and try and achieve higher than these clock speeds. Firing up MSI Afterburner and cranking the sliders up, you can see the clocks we ended up with below.
The core ended up at 965MHz which is a nice overclock from the default 800MHz we see on reference cards and we pushed the memory up another 400MHz QDR to 5600MHz QDR which is again a nice overclock from the default 5000MHz QDR we see on reference cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card & Specification]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook rolls out Halloween themed masks in Live videos
- Just in time for Halloween: NASA discovers pumpkin stars
- Facebook turns reactions into Halloween themed symbols
- New Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter game out now
- NASA provides further details of the ESA's lander crash
- Booting Ubuntu from USB on Asus.
- Booting Problem
- AsRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ DDR3 no POST.
- CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology (October 2016)
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications