Finally in our ultimate test, we see that the Geil is able to get higher raw clock speeds than the OCZ memory. So, if you want that extra MHz Geil is for you, if you want a cheaper version of Geil, then OCZ if perfect for you.
With very few manufacturers producing modules over 400Mhz, it is great to see that OCZ is able to produce a high quality module at a fairly reasonable price. Hand picking modules does tend to drive the cost of the modules up for the consumer, but OCZ have done a pretty good job of keeping these costs lower than Corsair or Geil.
In stability terms, we had a few issues with the module running on a SiS 648 motherboard with 1T command enabled, but when running with VIA or Intel based boards, this memory was more than stable, so SiS users either wait for a new BIOS for your boards, or run 2T command rate (EPoX and Gigabyte users we are referring to).
On the whole, OCZ have put out a reasonably competitive module for you to consider when going for the highest of the high memory modules for your super overclocker systems.
- Heatspreader Integrated
- Cheaper than Corsair and Geil
- Availability in Australia extremely limited
- Still expensive for ram
Rating: 9 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will have a headphone jack after all?
- HTC to launch only 6-7 devices this year
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017