Antec is arguably the most well-known name in the computer power supply industry and rightfully so. They've been around since 1986 and have provided quality power supplies, cases, cooling products and more that fit the need of just about any type of build for both businesses and consumers. Over the last few years we've seen a large refresh in many of Antec's product lines, especially their power supplies. Today we are taking a look at the Antec High Current Pro 1200W power supply, the highest output PSU offered in the new HCP series.
The Antec HCP line consists of four PSU's available in 750W, 850W, 1000W, and 1200W. While the HCP-1200 features a total of eight 12V rails, the other three feature only four 12V rails. All of the HCP power supplies are rated for 80Plus Gold efficiency. Antec promises the High Current Pro PSU's to perform with rock-solid stability for cutting edge gaming and professional systems and the power supplies are all rated for 100% continuous output at 50C. Let's take a look at what the HCP-1200 has to offer on paper then see how well it performs.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Taking a look at the output specifications for the HCP-1200 reveals more than what we are used to seeing here. While most power supplies have a single 12V rail or up to four of them for higher wattage power supplies, the HCP-1200 features a total of eight 12V rails. Each of these are rated for 30A and have a combined total output of 99A. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are capable of 25A with a combined total load of 25A. It would be nice to see a little more power out of these two rails since the HCP-1200 is rated for 1200W. Something we don't usually mention here is the 5VSB rail. The HCP-1200 has a rather beefy 4A rail for devices on standby.
As you would expect from a flagship power supply, the HCP-1200 has everything that you can find in a power supply. All of the voltage, power, current and circuit protections are present. The unit features both native and modular cables and all of them are fully sleeved. The HCP-1200 also has both a ATX 4+4 cable and EPS12V cable. All of the HCP power supplies are 80Plus Gold rated and do so with 100% continuous output at 50C.
The Antec HCP-1200 is widely available at all your major retailers and e-tailers alike. With an MSRP of $350, the HCP-1200 is certainly one of the more expensive units on the market. As always, some quick searching will yield much cheaper prices for the HCP. Currently you can pick up the HCP-1200 for $279.99 on Amazon with free shipping, while our favorite etailer Newegg is shifting it for $299.99 plus shipping. Antec backs the HCP-1200 with a 5-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google eyeing off massive new complex in San Jose
- World of Tanks running on Xbox One X at 4K
- Uber CEO resigns after months of controversy
- LA Noire might get remastered with first-person, VR mode
- Lenovo teases notebook with flexible display
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- repairing rj45 port on g751j laptop
- Lenovo ThinkStation P910 Workstation PC Review
- Ethereum mining @ 1GH/s: 40 x GPUs = $5000 per month
- Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3000 32GB Memory Kit Review
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller
- Full E3 Coliseum lineup announced