The Silverstone SST-FT03B Micro ATX Chassis
From this angle I am going to cover both sides of the FT03. The front is very simple and sleek with only the snow flake logo and the slot for the optical drive visible in the large expanse of aluminum. The side has a large ventilated plastic panel that allows the exhaust, and will allow intake to the chassis as well.
The back of the chassis is just an expanse of textured aluminum panel. All the sides are textured and in this case painted black
The last side panel, and the one that will not come off for the build process, is also just a plain looking expanse of aluminum. In the end it leaves a simple, very unassuming presence in any situation computing is needed.
Under the chassis there are the tall rubber feet that support the FT03. The bulk of the bottom is taken up by the fan filter for the PSU and where the pair of 80mm fans would draw air. The bonus to this filter is that it is hung with magnets and easy to remove and replace. The small hole on the right lower corner is where you will add a power cord later in the build.
The top of the chassis is covered with this plastic mesh that keeps wires looking tidy, and will keep any kids or mischievous pets from getting into "trouble". This piece is held in at the corners with latches that with a gentle tug let the panel lose for access.
Flipping the case over, I can get a good look at the front I/O. While it looks like only USB 3.0 connections on either side of the audio, it is reverse compatible, so no need to worry. On the left is the larger power button and smaller reset, with a pair of activity LEDs as the only lighting built into this chassis.
Taking a step back, we can see a bit more of what the top of the chassis offers. I found the hot swappable hard drive bay on the right, and the bright blue USB cables to connect to the rear I/O. There is also the 120mm exhaust fan and the four expansion slots offering quite a lot of room for multi GPU setups, or even a home theater with wireless and audio cards as well as a VGA.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Silverstone SST-FT03B Micro ATX Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside The Silverstone SST-FT03B Micro ATX Chassis]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [SilverStone "Extras"]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch Pro controller can be used to play PC games
- Xbox One gets $10 EA Access-like subscription service
- The Xenomorph is unleashed in new 'Alien' trailer
- NVIDIA announces its new GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
- Bethesda optimizing games for AMD's Ryzen and Vega tech
- IPMI on E3C226D2I
- Site & Forum impressions
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Massive, Lightstorm and Fox Interactive team up for a game based on Avatar universe
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art