Looking at the cards, the design isn't anything out of the ordinary with both coolers being ones we've seen before. As for the sizes of the cards, you can see that the higher end model; the HD 5850 is a fair bit smaller. This is probably the main reason Sapphire are able to opt for a smaller box over the bigger HD 5830.
When it comes to power, both cards are identical with a dual 6-Pin PCI-E setup. The only difference is the location with the larger HD 5830 seeing them on the top of the card while the HD 5850 sees them at the back and slightly separated.
Connectivity between both cards is almost identical with Dual-Link DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort. The only difference is that the HD 5830 uses a mini DisplayPort connector while the HD 5850 uses a full size one.
On the specification front the cards both carry with them the same clock speeds we saw when the models launched. That means the HD 5830 comes in with a core clock of 800MHz while the 1GB of GDDR5 comes in at 4000MHz QDR.
As for the HD 5850, the 1GB of GDDR5 carries the same clock speed as the HD 5830 coming in at 4000MHz QDR, but carries a lower clock than the HD 5830 at 725MHz. Of course, the big advantage the HD 5850 has over the HD 5830 is that it carries more Stream Processors with 1440 versus the HD 5830 which carries only 1120.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The sales of smartwatches have dropped by more than 50%
- Scientists think they've received signals from aliens
- Intel's new Atom processor is a step closer to Skynet
- Google pauses its Fiber rollout, fires 9% of Fiber staff
- WikiLeaks: Apple gives customers' data to governments
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards