Today we'll be checking out the Sapphire Pure Black P67 Hydra with our i7 2600k CPU against two of our X58 boards that we've had up and running in recent times. The first is our ASRock X58 Extreme3 and the original Pure Black motherboard from Sapphire - the Pure Black X58. Both those boards will be using our high end i7 980X CPU and the Sapphire Pure Black X58 will also have results from when our 980X was running at 4.4GHz.
On the video card front we're using the Sapphire HD 6970 2GB video card which is different to what we used when we tested the above X58 boards. For that reason we've removed the above boards from our video card tests which are included along with both the power and CPU heat numbers.
Along with all that, we've got our overclocking results from the Sapphire Pure Black P67 Hydra. P67 overclocking is of course a little different to previous Intel chipset overclocking and instead the focus is more on the multiplier of the CPU instead of the BCLK which is limited to only 110 on the P67 platform.
We pushed the multiplier up to 47 which meant out i7 2600k came in 4.7GHz. This is a good overclock, but not the strongest I've seen from the 2600k we have. We managed to push the BCLK up to 105 which is strong, but we would lose network. Because of that, we instead just chose to leave the BCLK at 100 and stick with 4.7GHz.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD to paper launch Radeon R9 Fury X2, could be delayed into 2016
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Nintendo's 'Mario Kart' eSports show coming to DisneyXD channel
- MSI Z170A Krait motherboard includes Rainbow Six Siege, new design
- GeForce 359.06 driver prepares you for Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Siege
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad P40 Yoga Mobile Workstation
- Cohesive Networks Joins HPE's Cloud28+ Catalogue of Services for European Enterprises
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China
- IGEL UDC2 now converts enterprise-class Dell Wyse thin clients