While I would have loved to have been able to bring this cooler review to you on release day, I did run into an issue and I wasn't quite sure how to resolve it. Going back to Antec and explaining the issue, I was sent to a representative from Asetek so I could work directly with them to try and resolve my issue. The issue was simple really, I could use the unit, but when I connected the USB the software wouldn't load properly without an error. Well, a couple of motherboards and a couple of OS writes and another unit being sent from Astetek after a thorough testing, I got a unit that was fully functional and to say the least, impressed me with its testing results long before I figured out the software wasn't operational.
The software or the Antec Chill Control V gives you everything you need to control the 920 with just a few clicks. Unlike the earlier concepts of this tech in a water cooler, there isn't any fishing for tiny buttons or contorting your body into a position to even read the LCD on the head unit. With the application on your desktop, you simply turn on the software and set the fan speeds that serve your needs. The pump itself gets controlled via your BIOS, but the visual indicator will show you if something in the BIOS is amiss as well with one glance. The Antec CC is super easy to use and very intuitive and makes a great partner with the KÃHLER H20 920.
I know I am a bit spoiled when it comes to pricing on things, and I really took a hard look at this one. The CoolIt Vantage is the only current cooler that offers even close to the same full package as the 920 brings to the table, and that is getting from $120-150 US dollars depending on where you buy it. The next best thing in line would be the Corsair H70, and that is priced from $90-150 USD, again depending on the retailer. Antec seems to have priced this unit right where the market has dictated. The $120 average pricing of the KÃHLER H20 920 is right on point, if even just for the fact that it beats all the other all-in-one water coolers offered today, I haven't added the really cool software and customizable LED Antec Logo that will allow you many, many choices in colors to match your interior or mood. I feel for the price, the KÃHLER H2O 920 is worth every penny of the asking price!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Antec KÜHLER H2O 920 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [The Antec KÜHLER H2O 920 CPU Cooler - Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Software / Antec CC]
- Page 8 [Test System & Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- No Man's Sky doesn't use patented Superformula, says dev
- Blair Witch sequel announced, hits theaters on September 16
- Project Sonic announced for PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo NX
- AMD to have a massive volume launch of next-gen Zen CPUs in early 2017
- Facebook CEO says 'AR will be where VR' is today in 5-10 years
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard