The Antec KÃHLER H2O 920 CPU Cooler
When I removed the 920 from the packaging I could see there was a lot going on, so I will break it down and hopefully I will cover it all.
The 49mm thick radiator still uses the higher FPI (fins per inch) count as do all of the other Asetek build units. A radiator with a high FPI requires some serious fans to produce good results and is likely why Antec includes 110 CFM fans to cool this unit.
From the side you can see not all of that 49mm of thickness is radiator fins. Both the front and back of the unit have a built in spacing offsetting the fans by about 5mm on each side.
I just found this sticker interesting. Most notably is the 3.1W of power draw. I have to assume that is the draw of the pump and possibly the LEDs. This should result in a pretty powerful head unit, as I remember it CoolIt was using a 1W pump!
The hoses are held tightly in place with the use of a smooth color that locks the tubing onto the barb. I tugged at these a bit and from the abuse I could give it, the units connections held up and no leaks were produced.
The specifications on the 920 say that there is thirteen inches of tubing, well my unit fell just a bit short, and has the same twelve inches that all the other units like this have. The USB connection to allow the software to control the unit is two foot long and will be no issue getting to the bottom of a motherboard.
There are three main connections that are wired to the head unit. On the left is the 5-pin USB connector to allow for full control of the 920. In the middle is a fan lead that terminates in two fan connectors to give power to the included fans. The last connection on the right is to allow power for the pump inside the head unit via a 3-pin connection.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Antec KÜHLER H2O 920 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [The Antec KÜHLER H2O 920 CPU Cooler - Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Software / Antec CC]
- Page 8 [Test System & Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Entrepreneur voices concerns robots could have on human workforce
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's pre-order scheme could change everything
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD5 (Intel Z170) Motherboard Review
- ACPI wakeup/shutdown no longer works after UEFI flash.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015