Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Most obviously the difference between the 620 and the 920 is the thickness of the 120mm radiator. The 620 used a 27mm thick radiator whereas the 920 has moved to the much thicker 49mm radiator. The 151mm height and 120mm width stay the same. On the opposite end of the 920 there is also an additional change. The head unit on the 620 had the KÃHLER 620 painted in white and an Antec logo painted in yellow. For the 920 The KÃHLER 920 logo is still applied with white paint, but this time the Antec logo is backed with a customizable LED so you can match the LED to the color of its environment, offering a bit of stylish customization.
The rest of the unit is much the same as others in the Asetek family. They use a copper cold plate to remove heat from the CPU. The liquid inside is then propelled via the pump that sits above the chamber of the cold plate. The coolant then travels through thirteen inches of black rubber hoses, again without the corrugated covering. At this point it is up to the 49mm thick radiator and the pair of included fans to cool the liquid inside the sealed loop. Antec held back no punches with the choice of fans in this unit. These fans are capable of moving 110 CFM of air, each, and are rated at 27 dBA at 2400 RPM. The cooled liquid then returns to the head unit to start the cycle all over.
Unlike most of the other all-in-one water cooling units, there is either PWM or BIOS control for the head units pump and attached fans. Like I say, CoolIt had the concept, but the implementation on the Vantage wasn't so user friendly. Antec took this concept and ran with it into an application form that can be controlled on the desktop. The instructions seem pretty simple on this. Install the unit, install the software, and via a USB connection that you run to a motherboard header, the software will give you control of everything you would like, and also be able to monitor the coolers performance and fan speeds and noise levels. Don't worry if I didn't give you the full story on the software, there will be a page dedicated to the software as you continue.
I was supposed to have this review for you upon release, and I will cover why in the conclusion, but "things happen" and it delayed me bringing this to you sooner. In the mean time the availability of this cooler has gone way up, and I can actually now say that it is stocked on a lot of shelves. Thirty-six e-tailers at the moment, and I haven't checked to see if any of the box stores are showing stock yet. What you will find is that this new version is requiring quite a bit more to purchase the 920. I was able to find a couple of places that I would spend my money at if I was buying, since Newegg.com isn't currently showing stock. Provantage and ExcaliberPC both have the KÃHLER H2O 920 at $116 and some change and $117 and some change, respectively. So you will have to dig a little deeper than usual to buy the 920, but hopefully by the time I finish you will see it is worth it, as I did.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Antec KÜHLER H2O 920 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [The Antec KÜHLER H2O 920 CPU Cooler - Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Software / Antec CC]
- Page 8 [Test System & Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni