VIA, one of the biggest chipset makers in the world, introduced a new product to the market not too long ago. This product not only had the features we wanted (8x AGP, Serial ATA, 6-channel sound etc.), it also had the reliability and reputation that VIA brought with it. Would this product show bigger increases then it's older brother, or would it just be an upgrade of features? Of course, this question will be answered in our review. But wait, what is this product? It is the VIA KT400 chipset.
Anyone heard of FIC out there? Nobody? Well I'm sure most of you have heard of them before, seeing their motherboards in OEM computers such as Compaq and other computer manufacturers. But what about the DIY market? What about the users like us at TweakTown who demand performance, stability and all the features we crave? Well for a while, FIC strayed away from that market and when they tried, ended up putting out average boards.
Well today, FIC is out to prove something. To prove that big names like Abit, Asus, EPoX etc. are the cement they walk on. To prove that they can put out a board that fits all our needs and more and finally to win the trust of consumers everywhere. That trust that is so important for any motherboard manufacturers out there trying to leap to the next step. But with all these things to prove, will this FIC AN19E KT400 motherboard be the new competitor?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- OWC Introduces 3TB Mercury Elite Pro External Storage
- Raijintek Atlantis Line of DIY Watercooling Products Now Available
- EVGA Announces the 'Bullets or Blades' Bundle
- Seagate Completes Acquisition of Dot Hill Systems
- Be Quiet! Announces Silent Base 600 Case Series