- Test System
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz (18x133)
Motherboard: Abit SR7-8X (SiS648)
Memory: 256MB Corsair XMS3200
Video Card: Abit Ti4200 OTES
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum, Creative Soundblaster Audigy Platinum eX
Speakers: Creative Inspire 6600
Hard Disk: Seagate 40GB 7200RPM
Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional SP2
Drivers: nVidia DetonatorXP v40.72, DirectX 8.1
What sound card review would be complete without a testing section? Sure, all of these features look great on paper; however, they'd have to translate into real-world performance if we're going to see any real benefit. Thus, we ran our Audigy 2 through a slew of exhaustive tests, ranging from DVD audio, to MP3 playback, to of course, gaming.
To take full advantage of the supported Dolby Digital EX 6.1 audio, we also hooked up our brand new Creative Inspire 6600 6.1 speakers, which, like the Audigy 2, have only just been released. Furthermore, an AOpen 16x DVD-ROM drive was used to test DVD audio playback.
We used a wide range of software to test the sound card. Popular titles include: Unreal Tournament 2003, Hitman 2, Soldier of Fortune 2, Mafia, GTA III, Quake III, Saving Private Ryan (DVD) and various other DVD movies and audio tracks as well as the supplied DVD audio sample disc.
When viewing our results, please take note that, like all audio reviews, our results are purely subjective and your opinion may slightly or significantly differ from ours.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Audigy 2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Audigy 2 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Audigy 2 - Page 3 [Many Different Flavours]
- Audigy 2 - Page 4 [DVD Audio]
- Audigy 2 - Page 5 [Playback at 24-bit/96KHz?]
- Audigy 2 - Page 6 [Dolby Digital EX 6.1]
- Audigy 2 - Page 7 [The Card]
- Audigy 2 - Page 8 [Software Bundle]
- Audigy 2 - Page 9 [Test System & Methodology]
- Audigy 2 - Page 10 [Test Results]
- Audigy 2 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20