- Test System
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz (18x133)
Motherboard: Abit SR7-8X (SiS648)
Memory: 256MB Corsair XMS3200
Video Card: Abit Ti4200 OTES
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum, Creative Soundblaster Audigy Platinum eX
Speakers: Creative Inspire 6600
Hard Disk: Seagate 40GB 7200RPM
Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional SP2
Drivers: nVidia DetonatorXP v40.72, DirectX 8.1
What sound card review would be complete without a testing section? Sure, all of these features look great on paper; however, they'd have to translate into real-world performance if we're going to see any real benefit. Thus, we ran our Audigy 2 through a slew of exhaustive tests, ranging from DVD audio, to MP3 playback, to of course, gaming.
To take full advantage of the supported Dolby Digital EX 6.1 audio, we also hooked up our brand new Creative Inspire 6600 6.1 speakers, which, like the Audigy 2, have only just been released. Furthermore, an AOpen 16x DVD-ROM drive was used to test DVD audio playback.
We used a wide range of software to test the sound card. Popular titles include: Unreal Tournament 2003, Hitman 2, Soldier of Fortune 2, Mafia, GTA III, Quake III, Saving Private Ryan (DVD) and various other DVD movies and audio tracks as well as the supplied DVD audio sample disc.
When viewing our results, please take note that, like all audio reviews, our results are purely subjective and your opinion may slightly or significantly differ from ours.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Audigy 2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Audigy 2 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Audigy 2 - Page 3 [Many Different Flavours]
- Audigy 2 - Page 4 [DVD Audio]
- Audigy 2 - Page 5 [Playback at 24-bit/96KHz?]
- Audigy 2 - Page 6 [Dolby Digital EX 6.1]
- Audigy 2 - Page 7 [The Card]
- Audigy 2 - Page 8 [Software Bundle]
- Audigy 2 - Page 9 [Test System & Methodology]
- Audigy 2 - Page 10 [Test Results]
- Audigy 2 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dell's new 70-inch touchscreen for schools unveiled, costs $5000
- Battlefield 1 will have DX12 support, current alpha runs very smooth
- How the PS4 Neo and Xbox Scorpio are frustrating and confusing gamers
- Nintendo explains why its so secretive about the NX console
- Final 'Star Trek: Beyond' trailer peaks at the right time
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines