- Playback at 24-bit/96KHz?
As mentioned earlier, the Audigy 2 supports audio playback at 24-bit encoding with a sampling rate of 96kHz. When the original Audigy was released, Creative copped quite a bit of flack due to the fact that they claimed true 24-bit audio support when the Audigy could only internally process at 24-bit and output at 16-bit. However, this is not the case with the Audigy 2. The Audigy 2 can internally process at 24-bit, as well as output sound at this rate using its 24-bit DACs (Digital-to-Analog) converters.
The extent to which you will benefit from 24-bit/96kHz audio playback highly depends on what you use your PC for. You will not notice much difference when playing an MP3, however, you are sure to notice a significant improvement when playing high quality audio such as the above mentioned DVD audio.
As well as this, the Audigy 2 is the first consumer level sound card to receive the THX certification from Lucas Arts. Although not much is known regarding the requirements to obtain this certification, you can rest assured that you are purchasing a high quality product if you see the THX logo plastered across the box.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Audigy 2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Audigy 2 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Audigy 2 - Page 3 [Many Different Flavours]
- Audigy 2 - Page 4 [DVD Audio]
- Audigy 2 - Page 5 [Playback at 24-bit/96KHz?]
- Audigy 2 - Page 6 [Dolby Digital EX 6.1]
- Audigy 2 - Page 7 [The Card]
- Audigy 2 - Page 8 [Software Bundle]
- Audigy 2 - Page 9 [Test System & Methodology]
- Audigy 2 - Page 10 [Test Results]
- Audigy 2 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter to Win a $1,000 NewEgg Gift Card
- HoloLens specs revealed, features 2GB RAM and 64GB storage
- ResetPlug reboots your router when internet goes out
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience