- DVD Audio
One of the main features that Creative are touting with the Audigy 2 is support for DVD audio playback at 24-bit/96kHz in 6-channel mode and 24-bit/192kHz in stereo. Having extensively tested the card, we can tell you for certain that there is a noticeable difference between DVD audio and regular CD audio. Furthermore, all that is required to play a DVD audio disc is a regular DVD-ROM drive, and of course, an Audigy 2 - The only sound card currently on the market capable of DVD audio playback.
Around a year or so ago you would be laughed at for saying that the PC could provide sound quality similar to that of a home theatre system. Thankfully, this is all starting to change with the continuous advancements in PC audio technology such as, of course, DVD audio.
Although DVD audio titles aren't exactly mainstream yet, they are becoming quite common and can easily be picked up at your local music store. Just like the move from VHS to DVD video, the change from CD audio to DVD audio is inevitable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Audigy 2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Audigy 2 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Audigy 2 - Page 3 [Many Different Flavours]
- Audigy 2 - Page 4 [DVD Audio]
- Audigy 2 - Page 5 [Playback at 24-bit/96KHz?]
- Audigy 2 - Page 6 [Dolby Digital EX 6.1]
- Audigy 2 - Page 7 [The Card]
- Audigy 2 - Page 8 [Software Bundle]
- Audigy 2 - Page 9 [Test System & Methodology]
- Audigy 2 - Page 10 [Test Results]
- Audigy 2 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now