- DVD Audio
One of the main features that Creative are touting with the Audigy 2 is support for DVD audio playback at 24-bit/96kHz in 6-channel mode and 24-bit/192kHz in stereo. Having extensively tested the card, we can tell you for certain that there is a noticeable difference between DVD audio and regular CD audio. Furthermore, all that is required to play a DVD audio disc is a regular DVD-ROM drive, and of course, an Audigy 2 - The only sound card currently on the market capable of DVD audio playback.
Around a year or so ago you would be laughed at for saying that the PC could provide sound quality similar to that of a home theatre system. Thankfully, this is all starting to change with the continuous advancements in PC audio technology such as, of course, DVD audio.
Although DVD audio titles aren't exactly mainstream yet, they are becoming quite common and can easily be picked up at your local music store. Just like the move from VHS to DVD video, the change from CD audio to DVD audio is inevitable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Audigy 2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Audigy 2 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Audigy 2 - Page 3 [Many Different Flavours]
- Audigy 2 - Page 4 [DVD Audio]
- Audigy 2 - Page 5 [Playback at 24-bit/96KHz?]
- Audigy 2 - Page 6 [Dolby Digital EX 6.1]
- Audigy 2 - Page 7 [The Card]
- Audigy 2 - Page 8 [Software Bundle]
- Audigy 2 - Page 9 [Test System & Methodology]
- Audigy 2 - Page 10 [Test Results]
- Audigy 2 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titanfall devs working on Star Wars third-person adventure game
- Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth, Hardline Robbery DLC temporarily free
- Left 4 Dead, Evolve devs working on a new unannounced IP
- Enter to Win a $1,000 NewEgg Gift Card
- HoloLens specs revealed, features 2GB RAM and 64GB storage
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience