- DVD Audio
One of the main features that Creative are touting with the Audigy 2 is support for DVD audio playback at 24-bit/96kHz in 6-channel mode and 24-bit/192kHz in stereo. Having extensively tested the card, we can tell you for certain that there is a noticeable difference between DVD audio and regular CD audio. Furthermore, all that is required to play a DVD audio disc is a regular DVD-ROM drive, and of course, an Audigy 2 - The only sound card currently on the market capable of DVD audio playback.
Around a year or so ago you would be laughed at for saying that the PC could provide sound quality similar to that of a home theatre system. Thankfully, this is all starting to change with the continuous advancements in PC audio technology such as, of course, DVD audio.
Although DVD audio titles aren't exactly mainstream yet, they are becoming quite common and can easily be picked up at your local music store. Just like the move from VHS to DVD video, the change from CD audio to DVD audio is inevitable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Audigy 2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Audigy 2 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Audigy 2 - Page 3 [Many Different Flavours]
- Audigy 2 - Page 4 [DVD Audio]
- Audigy 2 - Page 5 [Playback at 24-bit/96KHz?]
- Audigy 2 - Page 6 [Dolby Digital EX 6.1]
- Audigy 2 - Page 7 [The Card]
- Audigy 2 - Page 8 [Software Bundle]
- Audigy 2 - Page 9 [Test System & Methodology]
- Audigy 2 - Page 10 [Test Results]
- Audigy 2 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch 26 minutes of leaked No Man's Sky footage
- Last day for Windows 10 free upgrade is today
- Radeon 16.7.3 drivers improve Rise of the Tomb Raider performance
- Pay what you want for 180+ hours of game dev training
- New Prey game isn't a sequel or a reboot, it's a re-imagining
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router Review
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio