- DVD Audio
One of the main features that Creative are touting with the Audigy 2 is support for DVD audio playback at 24-bit/96kHz in 6-channel mode and 24-bit/192kHz in stereo. Having extensively tested the card, we can tell you for certain that there is a noticeable difference between DVD audio and regular CD audio. Furthermore, all that is required to play a DVD audio disc is a regular DVD-ROM drive, and of course, an Audigy 2 - The only sound card currently on the market capable of DVD audio playback.
Around a year or so ago you would be laughed at for saying that the PC could provide sound quality similar to that of a home theatre system. Thankfully, this is all starting to change with the continuous advancements in PC audio technology such as, of course, DVD audio.
Although DVD audio titles aren't exactly mainstream yet, they are becoming quite common and can easily be picked up at your local music store. Just like the move from VHS to DVD video, the change from CD audio to DVD audio is inevitable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Audigy 2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Audigy 2 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Audigy 2 - Page 3 [Many Different Flavours]
- Audigy 2 - Page 4 [DVD Audio]
- Audigy 2 - Page 5 [Playback at 24-bit/96KHz?]
- Audigy 2 - Page 6 [Dolby Digital EX 6.1]
- Audigy 2 - Page 7 [The Card]
- Audigy 2 - Page 8 [Software Bundle]
- Audigy 2 - Page 9 [Test System & Methodology]
- Audigy 2 - Page 10 [Test Results]
- Audigy 2 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch Competitive Play mode launches on Xbox One
- Intel joins BMW and Mobileeye on autonomous car technology
- Make the game you want to play with School of Game Design
- Lost in Space is coming back, with a 10-episode Netflix reboot
- GIGABYTE teases GeForce GTX 1070 Mini-ITX OC, same size as the R9 Nano
- Techman XC100E5C 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Review
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card