- DVD Audio
One of the main features that Creative are touting with the Audigy 2 is support for DVD audio playback at 24-bit/96kHz in 6-channel mode and 24-bit/192kHz in stereo. Having extensively tested the card, we can tell you for certain that there is a noticeable difference between DVD audio and regular CD audio. Furthermore, all that is required to play a DVD audio disc is a regular DVD-ROM drive, and of course, an Audigy 2 - The only sound card currently on the market capable of DVD audio playback.
Around a year or so ago you would be laughed at for saying that the PC could provide sound quality similar to that of a home theatre system. Thankfully, this is all starting to change with the continuous advancements in PC audio technology such as, of course, DVD audio.
Although DVD audio titles aren't exactly mainstream yet, they are becoming quite common and can easily be picked up at your local music store. Just like the move from VHS to DVD video, the change from CD audio to DVD audio is inevitable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Audigy 2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Audigy 2 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Audigy 2 - Page 3 [Many Different Flavours]
- Audigy 2 - Page 4 [DVD Audio]
- Audigy 2 - Page 5 [Playback at 24-bit/96KHz?]
- Audigy 2 - Page 6 [Dolby Digital EX 6.1]
- Audigy 2 - Page 7 [The Card]
- Audigy 2 - Page 8 [Software Bundle]
- Audigy 2 - Page 9 [Test System & Methodology]
- Audigy 2 - Page 10 [Test Results]
- Audigy 2 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA finds 7 Earth-sized planets that could sustain life
- Huawei officially announces Honor V9
- Nintendo unboxes the Nintendo Switch
- NieR: Automata PC release date 'accidentally' revealed
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood