Just when we thought the PC sound card market couldn't get any better, Creative have once again surprised us all with the release of their latest product, the Soundblaster Audigy 2.
As many of you will already be aware of, Creative have comfortably enjoyed industry leadership for quite some time now, with the only real competition still alive being Hercules with their Gametheatre XP/Fortissimo products.
The release of the impressive Gametheatre XP gave Creative quite a run for their money, so when you think about it, the release of the Audigy 2 was the next logical step for Creative to gain back much of their lost market share.
Although the Audigy 2 does not bring as many revolutionary features to the table as seen on its predecessors, the Live! and the Audigy 1 - it still includes a number of features that are sure to interest both gamers and audiophiles alike. These include: DVD audio support, 192kHz/24-bit playback, 6.1 channel audio support, Dolby Digital EX decoding, THX certification, and much more.
Do these extra features make the Audigy 2 a worthy upgrade for users that already own previous generation Creative sound cards? Read on to find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Audigy 2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Audigy 2 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Audigy 2 - Page 3 [Many Different Flavours]
- Audigy 2 - Page 4 [DVD Audio]
- Audigy 2 - Page 5 [Playback at 24-bit/96KHz?]
- Audigy 2 - Page 6 [Dolby Digital EX 6.1]
- Audigy 2 - Page 7 [The Card]
- Audigy 2 - Page 8 [Software Bundle]
- Audigy 2 - Page 9 [Test System & Methodology]
- Audigy 2 - Page 10 [Test Results]
- Audigy 2 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HMD confirms US availability for the Nokia smartphones
- Oppo launches F3 Plus with dual front cameras
- Manli's upcoming GTX 1080 Ti features blower fan design
- Hey MSI, where's your GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning?
- EVGA unveils GTX 1080 Ti SC, SC2, and FTW3 variants
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter