Just when we thought the PC sound card market couldn't get any better, Creative have once again surprised us all with the release of their latest product, the Soundblaster Audigy 2.
As many of you will already be aware of, Creative have comfortably enjoyed industry leadership for quite some time now, with the only real competition still alive being Hercules with their Gametheatre XP/Fortissimo products.
The release of the impressive Gametheatre XP gave Creative quite a run for their money, so when you think about it, the release of the Audigy 2 was the next logical step for Creative to gain back much of their lost market share.
Although the Audigy 2 does not bring as many revolutionary features to the table as seen on its predecessors, the Live! and the Audigy 1 - it still includes a number of features that are sure to interest both gamers and audiophiles alike. These include: DVD audio support, 192kHz/24-bit playback, 6.1 channel audio support, Dolby Digital EX decoding, THX certification, and much more.
Do these extra features make the Audigy 2 a worthy upgrade for users that already own previous generation Creative sound cards? Read on to find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Audigy 2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Audigy 2 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Audigy 2 - Page 3 [Many Different Flavours]
- Audigy 2 - Page 4 [DVD Audio]
- Audigy 2 - Page 5 [Playback at 24-bit/96KHz?]
- Audigy 2 - Page 6 [Dolby Digital EX 6.1]
- Audigy 2 - Page 7 [The Card]
- Audigy 2 - Page 8 [Software Bundle]
- Audigy 2 - Page 9 [Test System & Methodology]
- Audigy 2 - Page 10 [Test Results]
- Audigy 2 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard paves the way for Diablo II Remastered
- NASA astronaut sets a new record for time spent in space
- Alien Isolation 2 might be in development
- Samsung and Qualcomm negotiating over Snapdragon 845?
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 takes 5 minutes to load on PS4
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club