While this might not be a device that everyone will be interested in, for those who want the ability to have their monitor to display TV output, it works wonderfully. It gives a very reasonable image quality that doesn't have that scratchy appearance that is put out by most internal tuners. It also accepted all cable channels I had available with no problems at all. And best of all, it won't interfere with the OS in any way.
But if you want the ability to do image captures or record a show that is playing, then you'll be out of luck with this model. You'll need to look elsewhere for a device that allows this capability, but it will likely come at the cost of reduced image quality.
Another nice feature is the ability to hook up other devices to it. If you have a movie you want to watch on VHS, then just hook up your VCR to the back of the box and you're set. Camcorder got something of interest? Hook it up. If it has either Composite or S-Video output, it will work with the PlayTV Box.
Bottom line... If you've been looking for a means to watch TV on the PC but don't want it to interfere with your system, then you have found what you've been searching for. If you plan on recording, however, you'll want to look elsewhere.
Easy to hook up
No compatibility problems with OS
Accepts most standard video devices
Output to any device with VGA compatibility
Slight image degradation
No capture abilities
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PlayTV Box - Page 1 [Introduction]
- PlayTV Box - Page 2 [Specifications]
- PlayTV Box - Page 3 [Description/Contents]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now