The Photo Shoot
No review would be complete without a lovely array of pictures for you people to gaze over. We tried not to disappoint you with this set of pictures of our test bed setup and so forth.
- The Pentium's and an Athlon
First off we have on the left the 2.8GHz CPU, in the middle an AMD Athlon XP 1600+ and on the right, the brand new 3.06GHz CPU which gets the spot light for today. Compared to the 2.8GHz processor, there is no physical difference. The new Pentium 4 processor might be a tiny bit bigger in the die size but it's not visible, at least without tearing off heat spreader and no doubt rendering the processor useless.
- 1066MHz RDRAM - Fast but Costly
Intel supplied us with 2 x 256MB RDRAM modules that are designed for 1066MHz (4.2GB/s) operations. Though these were supplied we didn't use them or the Intel reference I850E motherboard for that matter, due to the fact that very few people will buy these boards or pay the extra price for 1066MHz RDRAM when DDR solutions are a much more attractive commodity to enthusiast users, in a price to performance ratio.
- Our Test Board
As we stated, we didn't use the Intel reference board or memory in our tests, why?
How many of us have I850E boards and 1066 MHz RDRAM? Very few.
Now ask yourself how many of us have I845E, I845G, I845PE or I845GE motherboards with DDR-333 or DDR-400 memory out there? Most Pentium 4 processor users around the world.
So, for this reason, we got our hands on the Gigabyte 8PE667 Ultra (which we reviewed earlier this month which is based on the Intel 845PE chipset), simply due to the fact that this chipset is the new wave for the new Hyper-Threading Pentium 4 processors.
Now let's continue onto the all important benchmarks!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 2 [Features of the Pentium 4]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 3 [Features of the Pentium 4 Continued]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 4 [Hyper-Threading Technology]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 5 [The Photo Shoot]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Multimedia Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC and 3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 10 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 12 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni