Intel's Pentium 4 processors of late have matured into a well rounded desktop and workstation processor. Intel's introduction of value chipsets based on DDR-SDRAM has made the Pentium 4 somewhat affordable for the average users.
Northwood based Pentium 4's are naturally good overclockers. We have seen that the 1.6A was able to clock well above 2.4GHz, and even in some cases upwards of 2.8GHz. The inclusion of the Hyper-Threading system on the new P4 core has proven to give a good healthy post increase in 90% of the applications we have run, and with a production cost of less than $5 more than a normal CPU, this has to be one of the best ideas Intel has used to date.
Intel still has a way to go with prices as AMD is still able to beat Intel in this department. But Intel has started to answer the call to arms with the Intel Celeron CPU, and with rumours of new Overclocking options support coming from the future; Intel has gotten the attention of the market.
- Fastest Desktop CPU available today
- Thermal overload protection
- HIS saves CPU from die death
- Very Expensive
Rating: 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's editors Choice.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 2 [Features of the Pentium 4]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 3 [Features of the Pentium 4 Continued]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 4 [Hyper-Threading Technology]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 5 [The Photo Shoot]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Multimedia Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC and 3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 10 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 12 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- Intel working on next-gen Xeon with 32C/64T of power
- Xbox boss: first-party Project Scorpio games 'critical'
- Apple rumored to consider purchasing Disney
- In Win launches X-Frame 2.0, tou 2.0 Signature chassis
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse