Intel's Pentium 4 processors of late have matured into a well rounded desktop and workstation processor. Intel's introduction of value chipsets based on DDR-SDRAM has made the Pentium 4 somewhat affordable for the average users.
Northwood based Pentium 4's are naturally good overclockers. We have seen that the 1.6A was able to clock well above 2.4GHz, and even in some cases upwards of 2.8GHz. The inclusion of the Hyper-Threading system on the new P4 core has proven to give a good healthy post increase in 90% of the applications we have run, and with a production cost of less than $5 more than a normal CPU, this has to be one of the best ideas Intel has used to date.
Intel still has a way to go with prices as AMD is still able to beat Intel in this department. But Intel has started to answer the call to arms with the Intel Celeron CPU, and with rumours of new Overclocking options support coming from the future; Intel has gotten the attention of the market.
- Fastest Desktop CPU available today
- Thermal overload protection
- HIS saves CPU from die death
- Very Expensive
Rating: 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's editors Choice.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 2 [Features of the Pentium 4]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 3 [Features of the Pentium 4 Continued]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 4 [Hyper-Threading Technology]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 5 [The Photo Shoot]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Multimedia Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC and 3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 10 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 12 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- Release your frustration with Black Friday, the game!
- Call of Duty rumored to see a third-person Modern Warfare release
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY