Real-World OpenGL Benchmarks
Quake III Arena
Quake III Arena is a real-world OpenGL benchmark that we have been using here at TweakTown for quite a while now because it has proven itself to be one of the best gaming benchmarks around to compare a wide range of different products. Quake III is getting very old, but is still the best way of testing video and PC systems for any instabilities and best performance/
Quake 3 has SMP code built in, for this fact, Q3 gains an obvious advantage when using Hyper-Threading technology.
Star Trek Voyager
Star Trek Voyager is another real-world OpenGL benchmark. Based on the Quake III Arena engine, this game is an OpenGL master utilizing DirectX 8. We also apply the new Opt3D patch to allow for the use of Hardware T&L as well as new optimizations for AMD Athlon XP and Pentium 4 SSE2.
Star Trek Voyager being so closely based on Quake 3 also has the same SMP capabilities and thus takes advantage from Hyper-Threading.
Jedi Knight II
Jedi Knight II, Jedi Outcast is a newly released OpenGL game that many have been waiting for. It has greatly improved graphics over its predecessor and it fully supports advanced shaders, as well as very high texture resolutions and effects. There is one demo included in the multi-player section that is good for benchmarking use. In order to enable the benchmarking mode, you have to make a shortcut to the jk2mp.exe program located in the GameData folder of Jedi Knight 2. You have to put the switch "+set sv_cheats1" (no quotes) at the end of the line in the Target Area so that it looks like this: C:\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\jk2mp.exe" +set sv_cheats 1. The demo file used is jk2ffa.
Jedi Knight II is also SMP coded and can take advantage of Hyper-Threading.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 2 [Features of the Pentium 4]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 3 [Features of the Pentium 4 Continued]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 4 [Hyper-Threading Technology]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 5 [The Photo Shoot]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Multimedia Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC and 3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 10 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 12 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- The Last of Us 2 is Ellie's harrowing story of hate
- Zotac's $1999 VR Go backpack: GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700T
- Death Stranding analysis: breaking down the bizarre
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset