Real-World OpenGL Benchmarks
Quake III Arena
Quake III Arena is a real-world OpenGL benchmark that we have been using here at TweakTown for quite a while now because it has proven itself to be one of the best gaming benchmarks around to compare a wide range of different products. Quake III is getting very old, but is still the best way of testing video and PC systems for any instabilities and best performance/
Quake 3 has SMP code built in, for this fact, Q3 gains an obvious advantage when using Hyper-Threading technology.
Star Trek Voyager
Star Trek Voyager is another real-world OpenGL benchmark. Based on the Quake III Arena engine, this game is an OpenGL master utilizing DirectX 8. We also apply the new Opt3D patch to allow for the use of Hardware T&L as well as new optimizations for AMD Athlon XP and Pentium 4 SSE2.
Star Trek Voyager being so closely based on Quake 3 also has the same SMP capabilities and thus takes advantage from Hyper-Threading.
Jedi Knight II
Jedi Knight II, Jedi Outcast is a newly released OpenGL game that many have been waiting for. It has greatly improved graphics over its predecessor and it fully supports advanced shaders, as well as very high texture resolutions and effects. There is one demo included in the multi-player section that is good for benchmarking use. In order to enable the benchmarking mode, you have to make a shortcut to the jk2mp.exe program located in the GameData folder of Jedi Knight 2. You have to put the switch "+set sv_cheats1" (no quotes) at the end of the line in the Target Area so that it looks like this: C:\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\jk2mp.exe" +set sv_cheats 1. The demo file used is jk2ffa.
Jedi Knight II is also SMP coded and can take advantage of Hyper-Threading.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 2 [Features of the Pentium 4]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 3 [Features of the Pentium 4 Continued]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 4 [Hyper-Threading Technology]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 5 [The Photo Shoot]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Multimedia Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC and 3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 10 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 12 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blade and Soul getting new content after reaching 2 million players
- Buy Quantum Break get Alan Wake for free, because you always wanted it
- ViaSat teams with Boeing for 1Tbps satellites, launches in 2019
- In 8 hours, Windows 10 sends data to Microsoft IP addresses 5500 times
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance