When Intel first announced the Pentium 4 CPU and its changes, we all believed that Intel would once again take its place as head of the super-fast processors. On release date we found ourselves questioning this. When tested against benchmarks of the time, Intel's Pentium 4 processor at the same clock speeds as the AMD Athlon (e.g. Pentium 4 processor at 1.4GHz against Athlon at 1.4GHz), the Pentium 4 showed to be lagging well behind its AMD competitors, and even in Office applications behind the old Pentium 3 processor. This turned out to be one of the biggest jokes in the PC industry.
Since this time, Intel has learned that the market won't follow what the Corporation wants, but rather what is faster and cheaper. Intel lost quite a bit of the market share when the Pentium 4 was released, and it wasn't until the Pentium 4 processor hit 1.8GHz and beyond that it started to prove itself as a fast all-round CPU. Introduction of the Northwood core and the i845D chipsets helped Intel reduce the costs of Pentium 4 systems, and improving speeds, performance and that dreaded word all CPU makers don't want to know about, "Overclocking".
Intel released its new 2.8GHz Pentium 4 CPU and it was the fastest P4 to hit the retail market. Now with rumours of Celeron CPU's being made on the Pentium 4 core with 400MHz FSB, and now with the 0.13um die, Intel needs something to push its flagship Pentium 4 to the top. Rumours and information coming from Intel themselves indicated that the new Pentium 4 above 3GHz would prove itself anew with its latest technology update, this being named Hyper Threading. Today we take a look at the new 3.06GHz Pentium 4 processor using this new and anticipated technology for the mainstream market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 2 [Features of the Pentium 4]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 3 [Features of the Pentium 4 Continued]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 4 [Hyper-Threading Technology]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 5 [The Photo Shoot]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Multimedia Productivity]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC and 3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 10 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz - Page 12 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BlackBerry announces KEYone, with Pixel's camera sensor
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications