The Xigmatek Elysium
The Xigmatek Elysium has more enthusiast features than any other PC case I've worked with and getting through them all is going to take a few pages. After we go through the ins and outs of the case, I'll show you why I'm reviewing this case and some shots of my build.
The side of the case might seem like an odd place to start, but since we are looking at the windowed model, we'll hop in here. There are two side panel versions; the windowed and non-windowed. Xigmatek placed a massive fan on the side and it will provide fresh cool air to both the CPU and GPU in most configurations. This fan provides a lot of air, but to be able to bring in more air you have to displace air that is already in the case. The side vents were strategically placed to allow air to escape. Their location should allow warmer air to be pushed out from the inside of the case...and they also look really cool.
With the side door off we can see the inside of the Elysium. We'll go over all of the features as we move along. See if you can spot them now; I bet you'll miss a few.
You already missed one, huh? On the bottom of the Elysium you'll find some very useful features. First off are the four rubber pads that dampen PSU vibration. The next significant feature is the ability to mount a water cooling radiator system on the floor of the case. Xigmatek includes four rolling casters that raise the case around an inch and a half so you can get good airflow from under the case. There is also a thin dust filter that can be removed and cleaned. The panel is accessed from under the case, so you will need to tip the case over, but that's a lot easier than removing a radiator.
Moving up a bit, we can see several of the cable pass through points that are covered with rubber, so you don't have to worry about the steel cutting into your cables. There are also two large openings on the back of the non-removable motherboard tray. The left opening is large enough to be compatible with the CPU socket bracket of every motherboard I've ever owned. The right opening is for the mother of all enthusiast motherboards, the EVGA SR-2. We'll get to the SR-2 in a bit, go get some napkins.
There are an obscene number of motherboard stand off points on the Elysium. I had no idea there were even this many form factors these days. Xigmatek includes a large fan pre-mounted on the back of the case when it ships from the factory. This fan, as with the others, is black with white LED. At the top Xigmatek also included an opening for either a second power supply or the ability to install a single PSU at the top of the case. Around the opening they also included soft open cell foam that dampens vibrations from the PSU fan. In a large case like this, small vibrations can resonate throughout the case amplifying sounds that you really don't want to listen to. Xigmatek has done a really good job finding these nasties and eliminating them before final production.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield devs rip on new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer
- Modern Warfare Remastered: maps, dedicated servers and more
- Infinite Warfare is Call of Duty's first interplanetary space odyssey
- Radiohead has left the internet
- NVIDIA 365.10 drivers optimized for Overwatch, Forza
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched