Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The specifications list is filled with the most coveted features asked for by enthusiasts. The first thing you will notice is the massive dimensions needed to make it to Super Tower status. The Elysium can take everything you have and ask for more. With a steel chassis the Elysium is also strong enough to hold up to the test of time without getting wobbly from structural fatigue. I'm sure there are a few of you reading this that would like to see an aluminum version, but in order to keep a reasonable price point aluminum was taken off of the menu. With the weight of the components inside, shaving a few pounds off of the case really doesn't matter anyhow.
The inside of the Elysium is painted black from the factory, so you get that modded feel without putting in the effort. There is really no need to look for ways to improve cooling or airflow either. The case ships with four large diameter fans from the factory, but has the ability to accept more than are found on four average computers. Those not looking for a system that can take flight will be impressed with the Elysium's ability to hold two large radiators; one at the top and one at the bottom of the case, even with a large power supply installed. Your fan / radiator dreams can be fulfilled at depths previously unimaginable.
If you have an extra long video card it isn't a problem. With over 330mm available the Elysium is begging for a quad GPU card to be released. I've seen some really long video cards in my day and they all would look like 30 Dollar Newegg specials inside this case.
The Xigmatek Elysium isn't all about internal space either. Several very trick features were added to the outside. For starters, you have a pair of USB 3.0 ports on the top of the case that are connected with cables to your motherboards rear USB 3.0 ports. Those are accompanied with the standard set of dual USB 2.0 ports that connect to your motherboards internal connectors. Other standard ports include eSATA and a 3.5" / 2.5" HDD dock.
Wait, what? OK, maybe that is standard in my dreams since I mainly review HDDs and SSDs, but it is far from a standard I/O port on computer cases. The top mounted HDD dock will allow you to install a hard drive in the top of your computer case for quick access to high speed data without even opening the side panel. The dock is powered by an independent power cable coming from your power supply, but the best thing is that no additional electronics are in the data path. A regular SATA cable runs to your motherboards SATA port to deliver speeds up to SATA 6G. We'll take a look at several additional features when we start going through the pictures.
The Xigmatek Elysium has an MSRP of right around 200 USD. If you really feel like paying fair market price, send me an email and I will give you my PayPal address. This is a 300 Dollar case, there is no doubt in my mind. You will feel bad for only spending 200 Dollars on this case. Xigmatek has always been a value based company and sold products that compete with products costing more, but this time they went overboard.
There are four configurations of the Elysium as well. The first option you have is the color; silver or black. Today we will be looking at the black model. After you figure out which color you prefer, you can then choose between a windowed side panel or an all metal side panel. Today we will look at the windowed version.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA solved the secret of ESA's missing Mars lander
- He changed his name to Seven iPhone for a free iPhone 7
- New photos and a shocking price of Huawei Mate 9 emerged
- Elon Musk describes his vision for colonization of Mars
- Nintendo Switch is single-screen only, says Nintendo
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now