As we saw on the back of the box, the NRP-MC1002 comes with quite a bit of cables and connectors. Native cables include the 20+4 pin main connector, a single cable that features both EPS12V and ATX 4+4 connectors, and two 8-Pin PCI-E 6+2 cables. Modular PCI-E cables come in the form of two 6+2 pin and two 6 pin connectors. One of the 6+2 pin modular cables is significantly longer than the rest, but not one of the 6-Pin connectors which left us scratching our heads a little.
Peripheral connectors are handled by five cables that provide a total of 10 SATA connectors, six Molex connectors, and two FDD connectors. Anyone that was paying attention to the pictures above will have noticed that there are only four modular connections on the NRP-MC1002, which leaves you with a single peripheral cable that cannot be used with everything connected.
Xigmatek's NRP-MC1002 features a single 12V rail for rail distribution. Let's keep moving.
A Look Inside
Opening up the NRP-MC1002 left us scratching our heads for a few reasons. As we just saw above, Xigmatek states that the unit uses a single 12V rail, yet we clearly see a pair of 12V transformers right in the middle of the power supply. Cooling seems to be provided in the form of billet blocks of aluminum instead of heatsinks as well. This is something you usually see in very low end, low wattage power supplies...not enthusiast grade 1kW units.
Xigmatek went with a single Nippon Chemi-con Japanese manufactured capacitor for the primary side of the power supply.
Earlier the packaging flagged us to take a good look at the secondary capacitors and rightfully so. Things start off good with the inclusion of Nippon Chemi-Con, but get worse as we spot some Teapo capacitors and the sirens start going off when we spot a Suscon capacitor. Both Teapo and Suscon are Taiwanese manufactured capacitors with Suscon's reliability often being questionable. So long as the unit performs well, it shouldn't be too big of an issue.
Finally, we have a shot of the 140mm fan cooling the NRP-MC1002. It is manufactured by Young Lin Tech, model DFS132512H.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording