We are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; it tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into an AC wall socket).
Power draw from the G1.Assassin was more than expectable for the amount of hardware that is built onto the board. After all, you are talking about a full audio card and a network processor that are drawing power along with the other items on the board.
As a new measure, we are now monitoring the heat generation from the key components on the motherboard; this being the Northbridge, Southbridge (if it contains one) as well as the Mosfets around the CPU. The results are recorded at idle and load during the power consumption tests.
Well, it looks like the cooling on the board is all for show. We saw temps that were much higher than we would have expected. They were not alarming or anything that was a cause for concern, but still, with the effort that went into the cooling, we expected more.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [The BIOS]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 9 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 11 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Survive the 'Inferno' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Samsung's inquiry blames batteries for the Note7 fiasco?
- Nioh is finalized and ready for production
- Halo 6 might be finished as Project Scorpio launch game
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99