We are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; it tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into an AC wall socket).
Power draw from the G1.Assassin was more than expectable for the amount of hardware that is built onto the board. After all, you are talking about a full audio card and a network processor that are drawing power along with the other items on the board.
As a new measure, we are now monitoring the heat generation from the key components on the motherboard; this being the Northbridge, Southbridge (if it contains one) as well as the Mosfets around the CPU. The results are recorded at idle and load during the power consumption tests.
Well, it looks like the cooling on the board is all for show. We saw temps that were much higher than we would have expected. They were not alarming or anything that was a cause for concern, but still, with the effort that went into the cooling, we expected more.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [The BIOS]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 9 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 11 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD