In conclusion, I believe the Shuttle AS45GTR definitely cleared up all the criticism about the SiS 648 chipset. As I stated earlier, I was extremely disappointed with the P4S8X and its performance and must admit I blamed most of it on the chipset. But the AS45GTR definitely proved me wrong.
The stability on this motherboard was significantly better then that of the Asus. Running the test rig with this motherboard for about a week definitely assured me that it's 100% stable. And performance-wise, it isn't to shabby either. This motherboard isn't as fast as the Intel chipset we compared it to (i845E), but it still stuck with it and only lost by a few points most of the time. Perhaps we can see a performance boost with an updated BIOS?
The extra features make up a bit for the trailing performance. It comes with all the bells and whistles. Things like DDR 400 support, 6 channels sound, Serial ATA/RAID, IEEE 1394 Firewire support etc. This motherboard has all the features you will need (excluding LAN) and brings it to the table at a decent price. It is retailing at about US$121 on Price Watch; definitely a great price.
Tons of great features
No onboard LAN
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 2 [Chipset Overview/Specifications]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 3 [Packaging]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 4 [Motherboard]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 5 [BIOS]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 6 [Testing]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset