In conclusion, I believe the Shuttle AS45GTR definitely cleared up all the criticism about the SiS 648 chipset. As I stated earlier, I was extremely disappointed with the P4S8X and its performance and must admit I blamed most of it on the chipset. But the AS45GTR definitely proved me wrong.
The stability on this motherboard was significantly better then that of the Asus. Running the test rig with this motherboard for about a week definitely assured me that it's 100% stable. And performance-wise, it isn't to shabby either. This motherboard isn't as fast as the Intel chipset we compared it to (i845E), but it still stuck with it and only lost by a few points most of the time. Perhaps we can see a performance boost with an updated BIOS?
The extra features make up a bit for the trailing performance. It comes with all the bells and whistles. Things like DDR 400 support, 6 channels sound, Serial ATA/RAID, IEEE 1394 Firewire support etc. This motherboard has all the features you will need (excluding LAN) and brings it to the table at a decent price. It is retailing at about US$121 on Price Watch; definitely a great price.
Tons of great features
No onboard LAN
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 2 [Chipset Overview/Specifications]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 3 [Packaging]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 4 [Motherboard]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 5 [BIOS]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 6 [Testing]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- iPhone 6S to feature upgraded 4K-capable rear-facing camera, and more
- Star Citizen's social module launches alongside v1.2 patch
- Razer launches new Nabu smartband wearable during PAX Prime
- Xbox One Mini isn't real, says Phil Spencer
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20