In conclusion, I believe the Shuttle AS45GTR definitely cleared up all the criticism about the SiS 648 chipset. As I stated earlier, I was extremely disappointed with the P4S8X and its performance and must admit I blamed most of it on the chipset. But the AS45GTR definitely proved me wrong.
The stability on this motherboard was significantly better then that of the Asus. Running the test rig with this motherboard for about a week definitely assured me that it's 100% stable. And performance-wise, it isn't to shabby either. This motherboard isn't as fast as the Intel chipset we compared it to (i845E), but it still stuck with it and only lost by a few points most of the time. Perhaps we can see a performance boost with an updated BIOS?
The extra features make up a bit for the trailing performance. It comes with all the bells and whistles. Things like DDR 400 support, 6 channels sound, Serial ATA/RAID, IEEE 1394 Firewire support etc. This motherboard has all the features you will need (excluding LAN) and brings it to the table at a decent price. It is retailing at about US$121 on Price Watch; definitely a great price.
Tons of great features
No onboard LAN
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 2 [Chipset Overview/Specifications]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 3 [Packaging]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 4 [Motherboard]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 5 [BIOS]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 6 [Testing]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017