The Shuttle AS45GTR comes in a very sleek looking package. It has a dark color scheme with a few colors jumping out at you. It lists the main features of this board featuring the SiS 648 chipset. Features such as IEEE 1394, AGP 8X, Serial ATA etc.
The back of the box is very basic. It has a black color scheme with a Shuttle logo and the model of the board on the bottom right.
Above is the first layer of the box that you see when you pop it open. You have your IDE cables, Serial ATA cable, extra USB ports, manuals, software etc. The motherboard is located beneath this layer.
This is the second layer of the packaging. It has the motherboard isolated in a non-static bag. This allows for more padding and protection for the motherboard. In the next few paragraphs, you will see individual products of each extra included in this package with a description.
Onboard, the Shuttle AS45GTR has only two USB ports. Shuttle opted to include an add-on bracket which gives you another two USB 2.0 compliant ports. This is a necessity these days since mostly all devices are becoming USB.
One of the main features stated on the front of the box was IEEE 1394 support. Shuttle has included an add-on bracket which gives you two 1394 ports. This is useful for all of you users who have DV cameras, Firewire hard drives, etc. This would definitely save you a little money.
Shuttle has included two IDE cables (Support for ATA 33/66/100/133) as well as a floppy cable. They are basic cables, nothing like the ones included in the Chaintech series (rounded yellow cables), but they do the job.
One of the features that truly stand out with this board and its chipset (SiS 648) is Serial ATA. This new technology, supporting a transfer rate of 150MB/s, not only allows you to have a fast, efficient hard drive, it also minimizes the size of cables in your case. As you can see above, the end of the cables are small and slim and the cable is similar to an audio wire cable.
Shuttle has also included an add-on bracket for all your SPDIF needs. This is bundled with the on board 6 channel sound.
Above, you can see a snap of the manuals and software included. The mainboard manual is around 80 pages and basically covers everything you need to know. There is a second booklet of around 30 pages covering RAID and how to use it/set it up. On the CD you have all the SiS chipset drivers, RAID drivers and your sound drivers. They also include a few utilities for your RAID setup.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 2 [Chipset Overview/Specifications]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 3 [Packaging]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 4 [Motherboard]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 5 [BIOS]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 6 [Testing]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Samsung to disable charging on remaining Galaxy Note7s
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse