SiS648 HMAC The SiS648 Host & Memory & AGP Controller integrates a high performance host interface for Intel Pentium 4 processor, a high performance memory controller, a AGP interface, and SiS MuTIOL 1G Technology connecting w/ SiS963 MuTIOL 1G Media IO.
The SiS648 Host Interface features the AGTL & AGTL+ compliant bus driver technology with integrated on-die termination to support Intel Pentium 4 series processors with FSB 400MHz/533MHz. It provides a 12-level In-Order-Queue to support maximum outstanding transactions on host bus up to 12. The host interface plays the role of processor transactions' dispatcher. It dispatches transactions to Memory, I/O interface and AGP bus. Transactions to different destinations can be dispatched concurrently in order to maximum pipeline efficiency. In addition to dispatching processor's transactions to corresponding destinations, host interface also forward DMA transactions from AGP masters and I/O masters to host bus for snooping, including master interrupt delivery.
The memory controller supports DDR only. It can offer bandwidth up to 2.7GB/s under DDR333 in order to sustain the bandwidth demand from host processor, as well as the multi I/O masters and AGP masters. The Memory Controller mainly comprises the Memory Arbiter, the M-data/M-Command Queues, and the Memory Interface. The Memory Arbiter arbitrates a plenty of memory access Host Controller, and I/O bus masters based on a default optimized priority list with the capability of dynamically prioritizing the I/O bus master requests in a bid to offering privileged service to 1) the isochronous downstream transfer to guarantee the min. latency & timely delivery, or 2) the PCI master upstream transfer to curb the latency within the maximum tolerant period of 10us. Prior to the memory access requests pushed into the M-data queue, any command compliant to the paging mechanism is generated and pushed into the M-CMD queue. The M-data/M-CMD Queues further orders and forwards these queuing requests to the Memory Interface in an effort to utilizing the memory bandwidth to its utmost by scheduling the command requests in the background when the data requests streamlines in the foreground. The memory controller also supports the Suspend to RAM function by retaining the CKE# pins asserted in ACPI S3 state in which only AUX source deliver power.
The AGP interface can support external AGP slot with AGP 4X/8X capability and Fast Write Transactions. A high bandwidth and mature SiS MuTIOL 1G technology is incorporated to connect SiS648 and SiS963 MuTIOL 1G Media I/O together. SiS MuTIOL 1G technology is developed into three layers, the Multi-threaded I/O Link Layer delivering 1.2GB bandwidth to connect embedded DMA Master devices and external PCI masters to interface to Multi-threaded I/O Link layer, the Multi-threaded I/O Packet Layer in SiS963 to transfer data w/ 1 GB/s bandwidth from/to Multi-threaded I/O Link layer to/from SiS648, and the Multi-threaded I/O Packet Layer in SiS648 to transfer data w/ 1 GB/s from/to Multi-threaded I/O Link layer to/from SiS963.
CPU Socket 478 Intel Pentium 4, Celeron CPU
Chipsets Northbridge: SiS 648
Form Factor ATX
Front Side Bus 400/533MHz (BIOS adjustable)
Compliant 3 GB DRAM
3x 184-pin DIMM
IDE Interface ATA133/100/66
2x ATA133 RAID 0, RAID1, RAID0+1 function(AS45GTR)
On-Board I/O ITE 8705F
Realtek ALC650, 6 channel audio
Expansion Slot 8X AGP device
5 PCI slots
Bios Award PnP BIOS
Stored in 2 MB flash memory
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 2 [Chipset Overview/Specifications]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 3 [Packaging]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 4 [Motherboard]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 5 [BIOS]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 6 [Testing]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni