At first glance, the ZX 850 offers up quite the connector availability. Motherboard connectors include a 20+4 pin Main connector and a pair of 4+4 ATX connectors. The ZX 850 will power a pair of GPU's with the included four PCI-E 6+2 pin cables. Everything else is powered by a total of 12 SATA connectors, nine Molex connectors, and a single FDD connector. The tricky part here is that there are a total of seven peripheral cables, but only five can be used at any one time. These extra cables offer excellent flexibility in connector availability.
OCZ chose to keep rail distribution and load balancing easy with the ZX series power supplies. Since there is only a single 12V rail, there is little to talk about here.
A Look Inside
Opening up the ZX 850 may reveal a familiar picture to some of our readers. Inside, you'll notice that the ZX 850 looks almost identical to that of the Sparkle Computer Corp. SCC-850AF. This is because the power supply is manufactured by Great Wall and is based off the same design. Of course, there are a few changes such as the fully modular cable setup.
The ZX 850 features CapXon capacitors on the primary side of the power supply. CapXon capacitors are manufactured in China while their headquarters is located in Hong Kong.
The secondary capacitors are manufactured by Teapo. Teapo is a Taiwanese based company.
Finalizing our shots of the inside of the ZX 850 is a shot of the 140mm Yate Loon D14BH-12 fan that has been quite popular in many of the power supplies we have recently reviewed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo successfully patents external console upgrade box
- Nintendo NX might support Pokemon Go and other mobile games
- Xbox One S requires day one updates to play 4K video
- Apple sold less iPhones this quarter, revenues are also down
- Life is Strange getting a live-action episodic series
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio