At first glance, the ZX 850 offers up quite the connector availability. Motherboard connectors include a 20+4 pin Main connector and a pair of 4+4 ATX connectors. The ZX 850 will power a pair of GPU's with the included four PCI-E 6+2 pin cables. Everything else is powered by a total of 12 SATA connectors, nine Molex connectors, and a single FDD connector. The tricky part here is that there are a total of seven peripheral cables, but only five can be used at any one time. These extra cables offer excellent flexibility in connector availability.
OCZ chose to keep rail distribution and load balancing easy with the ZX series power supplies. Since there is only a single 12V rail, there is little to talk about here.
A Look Inside
Opening up the ZX 850 may reveal a familiar picture to some of our readers. Inside, you'll notice that the ZX 850 looks almost identical to that of the Sparkle Computer Corp. SCC-850AF. This is because the power supply is manufactured by Great Wall and is based off the same design. Of course, there are a few changes such as the fully modular cable setup.
The ZX 850 features CapXon capacitors on the primary side of the power supply. CapXon capacitors are manufactured in China while their headquarters is located in Hong Kong.
The secondary capacitors are manufactured by Teapo. Teapo is a Taiwanese based company.
Finalizing our shots of the inside of the ZX 850 is a shot of the 140mm Yate Loon D14BH-12 fan that has been quite popular in many of the power supplies we have recently reviewed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's Model 3 priced as low as $25,000 after tax subsidies in the US
- Fuel cell maker teases 7-day battery life on smartphones inevitable
- Uber drops its 5% fee in London, to get taxi drivers using Uber
- Micron updates GDDR5X progression, volume production this summer
- Oculus Rift-ready gaming PC pre-orders will open on February 16
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance