Taking a look at the connector availability reveals that nothing has changed between the TX850V2 and its predecessor. There is the mandatory 20+4 Main connector and a single ATX 4+4 connector. To power graphics cards, there are a total of four PCI-E 6+2 connectors. Powering the rest of the devices are eight Molex connectors, six SATA connectors, and two FDD connectors. All of the peripheral cables have great length to them, should it be needed.
Since the TX850V2 just got a refresh, it would have been nice to see a few changes here. It is rare that you will find a use for a single FDD connector these days, let alone two. It is also just as rare that you will need more Molex connectors than you will SATA. Finally, we only have a single ATX 4+4 cable. While this is sufficient for many applications, we strongly feel that any power supply meant for enthusiasts should have two ATX 4+4 connectors. These are of course minor issues and most won't utilize half of the connectors available, let alone run into the issue of being short a few.
Rail distribution is kept simple with a single 12V rail.
A Look Inside
Opening up the power supply reveals a very clean layout with several heatsinks to allow for excellent cooling of the TX850V2. One thing that is very nice to see is that the cable sleeving now extends inside the power supply. Previously, it stopped about an inch short of power supply.
Primary capacitors are Japanese manufactured Rubycon caps.
Over on the secondary side, Corsair favors the Japanese made Nippon Chemi-con capacitors. There are also a handful of Rubycon capacitors in here as well.
The ever popular Yate Loon D14BH-12 is back again with the TX850V2 providing the cooling for the unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's pre-order scheme could change everything
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD5 (Intel Z170) Motherboard Review
- ACPI wakeup/shutdown no longer works after UEFI flash.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015