The Western Digital Scorpio Black
Western Digital sends their HDD samples in OEM packaging, so we're not going to get to see the full retail package. Here we see our bare drive. On the top label we found the model number, serial number and capacity size right on the front. A note was also found about the Advanced Format Drive - we will cover this in the conclusion.
On the back everything is tucked away on the other side of the PCB. This will keep the surface mount components safe. The four bottom mounting points are where they should be so you will not have an issue mounting the Scorpio Black in a notebook that uses the under mount screw system.
The side mounts are also present if your notebook or desktop adapter bracket uses these to install the drive.
On the back of the drive we found the SATA power and data connectors to be where they should. Also, there is a four pin area where a jumper gets placed when installing the advanced format drive in a system like Windows XP that is not designed for the new advanced format.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Square Enix improvised Final Fantasy 7's development, says Nomura
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20