A great decision of AURAS Tech. to go ahead and develop their own retail company to not only supply the OEMs, but now offer their own designs to us directly under the labeling of Shagon'. This first cooler released under this name is a trend setter, and in my opinion sets the bar pretty high for them. Not only do they deliver a small, user friendly, unique cooler, they also give you the best air cooler with less than a 120mm fan that TweakTown has tested in over two years. While there aren't a bunch of companies clamoring to send me smaller coolers, it is good to see one that tops the charts and gives much better than average results. Whether you want a cooler that uses a smaller footprint, want a cooler that everyone will ask what that is, or have space constraints that limit your choices, the Shagon' ARC-118 is the cooler to get.
I know it isn't very nice that I get to tease you with the performance of this cooler, I will admit that. But I just can't help the smile that creeps on my face when I think about the results gained from a cooler that at a first glance of the specs, one might easily overlook. You look at the side of the box and see a 92mm fan, and only 42CFM, and the box even states it has 30 dBA of noise level at its maximum speed. The combination of the heat pipes, fins, shroud, and fan is not only aesthetically very pleasing to see in a chassis, but it goes right at the job it was intended for and handles its business.
Now, you are going to have to wait until at least mid-June before you can purchase this pleasant little beauty. With the low MSRP of $29.99, this cooler, even with its small nature, outperformed my previous choice for a budget cooler, the Hyper 212+ from Cooler Master. Even with the advantage of the 120mm fan, the CM 212+ still falls a few degrees short of the ARC-118s performance level. Thinking back to the plain-ness of the 212+, the Shagon' also has a huge advantage in style and appeal to many case interiors. Come this summer, unless a miracle cooler hits my desk in the next six weeks, the Shagon' ARC-118 is the cooler I will be recommending for those who want all they can get for a very reasonable price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Survive 'The Walking Dead' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Mortal Kombat X cancelled for the Xbox 360 and PS3
- Grand Theft Auto V 'ENBSeries' 4K screenshots will blow you away
- Just two of Intel's new Skylake CPUs are unlocked for overclocking
- Minecraft creator has 'never felt more isolated' with his $2.5 billion
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- Until Dawn Sony PlayStation 4 Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20